[Champion Concept] Dante, The Darkslayer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moby the White

02-24-2013

i cover more of his past dry run in Reign of Chaos to be honest.

Chaz5

02-24-2013

You so obviously stole some of this idea from devil may cry I feel like I should punt you. However it is cool (most likely because dante is such a badass) so I will swallow it and give it a thumbs up

Moby the White

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz5 View Post
You so obviously stole some of this idea from devil may cry I feel like I should punt you. However it is cool (most likely because dante is such a badass)
no offence but he practically says that on the very first page. even the lore is a slight adaptation of Dante's DMC story.

Chaz5

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby the White View Post
no offence but he practically says that on the very first page. even the lore is a slight adaptation of Dante's DMC story.
I know but it is just so irritating to see it copied that hardcore, I mean at least change the champs name or something so people wont be able to make the obvious connection between things like "Dante, stinger like move, darkslayer style like move (same as his title), royal guard"

I didn't actually find anything wrong with the champion at all. It just seemed so obvious, cheesy and shameless to ripoff that much without even a name change or something. I actually liked the idea and thought it would be fun to play.

All we need now if for him to say jackpot every time he kills someone.

Moby the White

02-25-2013

Quote:
I know but it is just so irritating to see it copied that hardcore, I mean at least change the champs name or something so people wont be able to make the obvious connection between things like "Dante, stinger like move, darkslayer style like move (same as his title), royal guard"

I didn't actually find anything wrong with the champion at all. It just seemed so obvious, cheesy and shameless to ripoff that much without even a name change or something. I actually liked the idea and thought it would be fun to play.

All we need now if for him to say jackpot every time he kills someone.

the problem with changing names on iconic characters is that people can get upset by the fact that we "touched" that character's essence when we should leave well enough alone.. Perfect example of this, I made the ice climbers from Nintendo. I had well intended to rename them something else, but i felt that it would not capture their essence. To name them anything else would not justify a leaguification. And so when i did lollify them I kept their original names and made them as close to real as possible because I wanted that essence to be preserved. I think the same occurs here.

Moby the White

02-25-2013

ps i sent you Endine's lore please give to Darkzero1

NobSaiboot

02-25-2013

Quote:
You so obviously stole some of this idea from devil may cry I feel like I should punt you. However it is cool (most likely because dante is such a badass) so I will swallow it and give it a thumbs up
Here's the thing with all that...He isn't Dante from DMC. I tried that and it failed...Miseribly he doesn't fit on a field of combat where everyone is his equal. And besides it would make no sense to have his story there as well. I hope to portray a much difference attitude then his with this champion (Which starts with Lore and as you can see it is quite different from DMC storyline AND in moby's project Heart of Darkness it is clear he isn't the same character). And names can be changed for the good of us all my friend, simply give me better names to use and I will humor you.

DaemonsAndBeasts

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryoshell17 View Post
Hello everybody. Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day and welcome to the champion spotlight of Dante, The Darkslayer.

This has been moved from the original thread because I don't like the walls of bumping I did.

To me no good concept is complete without some music in the background. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZWFiPg7i1Y

Shout-Outs to Wulffe for the layout of how I'm going to present my idea. You can find his guide for dummies here http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2455957

Alright thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to read this, Thoughts and comments are awesome and remember to press that Upvote button is you like it. Just try to keep the trolling to a minimum, I will be checking o.O

See y'all on the Fields of Justice and thank you for reading Dante, The Darkslayer champion spotlight.
So much DMC...

NobSaiboot

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonsAndBeasts View Post
So much DMC...
Then why post and waste my time and yours?

NobSaiboot

04-07-2013

New ability names and title, due to some plagiarism on my part. (Unfortunately the thread title doesn't feel like updating.)
Also will be reworking the lore in light of the name changes.