[Champion Concept] Dante, The Darkslayer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NobSaiboot

02-08-2013

This concept has be used in Moby the White and BergMeister's project Heart of Darkness

It's pretty good...You should check it out.

iam PYR0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Overall I have always loved the swordsman theme so props on this =)
Passive: Seems to do a lot for it only being a passive with the kit though overall not that useful
q: gap closer 1
w: spin so not auto attacking is why i said the passive is overall not that useful i would compare it to a panth that builds attack speed not as effective as building pen but still viable provided you adapt the play style accordingly.
e: a ranged horas spell 3 shots longer and more damage and costing more
r: gap closer 2 shield

overall i like him but I am scared he might have to much going for him, these are my concerns. ult is a ranged taunt a shield and a jump thats three spells in one, then your passive is like 2 spells in a sense attack speed scaling and a aoe damager horas. a aoe engage/disengage slow. knock up spin damager ms. 3 skill shots. 13 spells total in a sense

NobSaiboot

02-13-2013

Reworked his Passive (Reworked it into his E so he's less poke dependent making him have more of a need to go balls deep in order to deal damage or to tank but is relatively easier now.) and Ultimate. (Removed the second ability "Air Trick" because was rather unnecessary seeing as he already has a gap-closer in his E.

OuttaControl56

02-15-2013

Looking at this champ, I see a whole nutter ton of steroids. Its fine, but with his ult he's scary. He'll just dive whichever ADC and its hard to see any way to stop him.

But other than that he's fine. Its not something which breaks him, just if there was anything that would be "OP" about him, it would be this massive dive potential.

I love the passive and it also adds to the Ult's scariness, along with this champ's entire kit. Everything works quite well.

NobSaiboot

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaControl56 View Post
Looking at this champ, I see a whole nutter ton of steroids. Its fine, but with his ult he's scary. He'll just dive whichever ADC and its hard to see any way to stop him.

One could probably look at him in the same light as pre S3 nerf Evelyn save the OP. :P

NobSaiboot

02-21-2013

Safety bump...

DryRun

02-24-2013

A revue for you!
(almost started doing the whole review in rhyming couplets after that, be thankful i didnt)

Passive -
Great passive for melee AD. Solid stuff.
Personally, i would change the 10% chance of avoiding slow to something that a skilled player can effect. What about cant be slowed for x duration after spell casts or cant be slowed for x duration after the dash. Just somehow so a great player can anticipate and use the passive fully not randomly.

Q -
Gap closers are used by almost all new melee champs. Is almost essential in the kit. Is 1 to 1 damage scaling too strong on an AOE effect? Thats my only question.

W -
Great synergy! I like this you have a great natural combo.
(Another just my thoughts moment), Maybe lets the stacks build up with x minion kills or assists? Otherwise he might be too susceptible to whatever the opposite of snowballing is.

E -
I like the tiamat built in, but how would it work with real tiamat? are you ok with its active and your active doing like 160% splash damage? Haha it might not even be OP its just something to think about.

R -
I dont have the mental capacity to know about the numbers in this spell. I do like the idea of a big sield ult for melee because it lets you build more damage then normal and still survive in a fight. Its good that it offers anti incentive for the other team to attack you. How long is the duration of the taunt? all three seconds? Thats an ok number for an ult. Good spell for the kit, its what he needs once the team fights get started.
I think you have an opportunity here, because of the number of effects, to work in some reactive scaling. Say the shields absorption cap scales with max ___ or _____, and the damage it releases scales with ______, that way you can reward him in different ways for building different roles. A tanky build can release more damage-compensating for your overall damage decrease due to itemization, conversely your damager build could up the shield amount, giving you your tankyness when you need it at the cost of damage from that ability. Just a thought.

Lore -
I like the lore, its dark. Dark is good.
It has great atmosphere, but i think its missing just a touch of substance. At the end of the lore i really dont know what i think about this guy, i understand the flavour, but none of what he actually is. I want to read the lore and feel like i know a bit about how this champion works, what his role would be, and a little of how his abilities would work. So yeah, great feel in the lore, maybe just a little bit more about his motivations and his character would improve it - in my opinion.

Overall -
Great champion, you really seem to have it all together - a theme, a role to play on the team, a kit that works towards the whole goal. You have a good champion here.

Moby the White

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryRun View Post
A revue for you!
(almost started doing the whole review in rhyming couplets after that, be thankful i didnt)

Passive -
Personally, i would change the 10% chance of avoiding slow to something that a skilled player can effect. What about cant be slowed for x duration after spell casts or cant be slowed for x duration after the dash. Just somehow so a great player can anticipate and use the passive fully not randomly.

Q -
Gap closers are used by almost all new melee champs. Is almost essential in the kit. Is 1 to 1 damage scaling too strong on an AOE effect? Thats my only question.

W -
(Another just my thoughts moment), Maybe lets the stacks build up with x minion kills or assists? Otherwise he might be too susceptible to whatever the opposite of snowballing is.

E -
I like the tiamat built in, but how would it work with real tiamat? are you ok with its active and your active doing like 160% splash damage? Haha it might not even be OP its just something to think about.

R -
I dont have the mental capacity to know about the numbers in this spell. I do like the idea of a big sield ult for melee because it lets you build more damage then normal and still survive in a fight. Its good that it offers anti incentive for the other team to attack you. How long is the duration of the taunt? all three seconds? Thats an ok number for an ult. Good spell for the kit, its what he needs once the team fights get started.
I think you have an opportunity here, because of the number of effects, to work in some reactive scaling. Say the shields absorption cap scales with max ___ or _____, and the damage it releases scales with ______, that way you can reward him in different ways for building different roles. A tanky build can release more damage-compensating for your overall damage decrease due to itemization, conversely your damager build could up the shield amount, giving you your tankyness when you need it at the cost of damage from that ability. Just a thought.

Lore -
It has great atmosphere, but i think its missing just a touch of substance. At the end of the lore i really dont know what i think about this guy, i understand the flavour, but none of what he actually is. I want to read the lore and feel like i know a bit about how this champion works, what his role would be, and a little of how his abilities would work. So yeah, great feel in the lore, maybe just a little bit more about his motivations and his character would improve it - in my opinion.

Overall -
Great champion, you really seem to have it all together - a theme, a role to play on the team, a kit that works towards the whole goal. You have a good champion here.
considering I wrote the lore i shall reply on that matter, dante is meant to mysterious and including details of his summoner life was something i couldn't touch on yet because it is an entirely original concept that I believe i came up with or cryo not sure. Point is I can't express more about that area yet. You want to know about his character i feel that he is righteous with valor and honor the type of person garen is. but an exile nonetheless. I would never break the fourth wall by explaining his tanking attributes, i do suggest he is a valiant fighter however. I believe his motivations are quite clear, to redeem himself by any means necessary.

NobSaiboot

02-24-2013

Quote:
A revue for you!
Well that makes two of us :3

Quote:
Passive -
Alrighty that makes a lot more sense. I was a bit iffy about the chance of it happening when I added it (Chance is bad design) but I also didn't have a different means of having it happen at the time. I'll try to impliment what you suggested.

Quote:
Q -
A good point you bring up. AoE 100% AD scaling is a little overboard but the key with his dash is that it's at the end of the dash (Rather then the entire dash like Shen or Hecarim or until unit collision like Malphite) so your effective AoE is significantly lower. Also whereas this is a bad excuse not his only other ability that deals burst damage is his W so having a better scaling Q in this instance (100% as compared to 50% makes sense.)

Quote:
W -
I'm not quite sure what you mean by stacks build up with minion kills so you might need to come back to me on this one. :3

Quote:
E -
I specifically stated that it does not stack with Tiamat/Hydra for the OPness. :P

Quote:
R -
That's an interesting angle with reactive scaling...I'll difinately explore that route.

Quote:
Lore -
I'm kinda with Moby on this. His response (Although a little tense) is my view as well.

Quote:
Overall -
Thanks for the time man. ^^ If it isn't any trouble could you give us a hand with some of my other work? You are a very useful chap

DryRun

02-24-2013

@ moby
-yeah i respect the mystery, and combined with the atmosphere its all in all great. I only meant that personally i feel it ran a little short in making me feel for him, like something in his life before had be tragic or he was betrayed or made a decision that haunts him, but it was just out of reach so i was maybe wondering a little too much about his past. Again its great i just had that feeling.

@ cryo
Yeah for sure i will try to hit up your whole index hopefully one per night after work. I like your stuff.