Am I the only one who cares about this?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iaw

10-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwGasm View Post
Lux should be 12600 just considering all the changes and work they've spent on her face alone.
^

In all seriousness, with all the extra work they had to put in on her, 6300 is more than justified and I wouldn't complain once if she turns out to be 6k.

Quellious

10-19-2010

Riot figured it was an easier way to make money with no downside. It will cost you more IP so you have less for other things and may resort to needing to use RP. And if you pay in RP, then it costs you more real money.

If you choose not to buy/unlock because it's too expensive, oh well. They didn't lose anything from you anyway.

By charging more, they can increase revenue at no cost to themself.

Before someone argues that they aren't charging 6300 because they can, but instead they are making champs that are worth 6300 (mages) instead of making champs they can't charge that much for... semantics.

How about releasing some 450 ip champs so that Ashe doesn't have to be free every second week?

We will eventually see a 12600 ip champ. You heard it here first. He will be OP for one month and then nerfed into the ground while Riot laughs all the way to the bank.

Quellious

10-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga Bruce View Post
So the fact that you can early all the content (runes, champions) without paying a single dime doesn't mean anything to do?

They aren't really overdoing anything. I'm over it.
You can, but it's extremely unrealistic to unlock everything without paying for it. You might need 1000+ wins worth of IP to unlock every champion.

A U L

10-19-2010

It seems like money might be something of an issue for them as they expand. Their server stability seems to require a full staff available 24/7. The user base is growing all over the world. They have to increase their staff and payroll is always the largest expenditure in any business (let alone a payroll to satisfy nothing but computer software engineers, programmers, artists, and such they cost a fortune!).

Considering that this game is high in quality, low (can be played for free even) in costs, and requires a ton of maintenance, I completely understand their desire to increase revenue by pumping skins and releasing champs frequently with high IP costs to motivate those with the funds to just purchase the champs they are so excited to play. We can't have it all folks.

r431

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2010

newer products should be expensive.

/thread

Truhls

10-19-2010

Make all new champs 6300, otherwise im going to have every single one of them. I only have 9 left as it is...3 of which are only 6300.