Laning against Singed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lumione

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

Singed is one of the cheapest champions in league right now. However, his reputation as an unstoppable force is slightly exaggerated. Late game, he can be impossible to kill even for the most coordinated of teams. However, he CAN be beat.

Pick a champion with a strong autoattack. champs with a spell shield are a great, too. Sivir and Nocturne are probably the best examples. I'll use Nocturne as my example.

Step 1: Know your enemy!
Singed relies mostly on his poison to farm creep waves. Some singed players may use auto-attack last hits. Some do not. For this reason, it's important not to let him get near your waves.

When the waves meet, Singed will probably turn on his poison and run front-to-back-to-front to dose your entire minion wave. This must be avoided at all costs. The earlier you can put the fright into him, the better, which is good, because it's easiest to deny him at level 1. Wait near (but not at) the front of your minion wave. The two will start clashing. Singed will come in to start his poison run. As a nocturne, I throw out my Q and then instantly move to autoattack him. He will take an immense amount of damage (from 150 to 300 depending on his and your build/rune page/masteries.)

At this point, he will have a choice-
A) continue running back to poison the minions (and you), inviting more damage (and possibly first blood)
or
B) turn back and receive no CS.

At early levels, his poison is only as strong as you let it be. You'll probably get poisoned during your autoattack but if he withdraws, you'll only take a sliver of damage compared to the triple digits you put on him. We call that a Good Trade.

Nocturne is my favorite example to use because he has immense damage potential at level 1 (nearly as good as sion, fiora, and yi), his Umbra blades allows you to farm WHILE harassing if Singed has poor positioning (and cutting down on the number of minions around singed when you attack him has the added bonus of cutting down on the minion aggro you take from harassing him), and you can regain decent chunks of health with umbra blades.

Now, for those of you still with me, you'll realize that this trick is position dependent. Once he hits level 2, he's going to take fling, and then he'll just throw you out of position, and proceed to run in and poison your minions. What do you do?

If you're nocturne (or sivir) spell shield the fling and smack him in the nose for his trouble. He might expect the fling to work and continue running in on your minions- be prepared to take advantage of this.

If you're ranged, immediately move out of his poison trail and start harassing him with autoattacks. Watch your minion aggro!!! an early vamp scepter can help you here.

If you're melee with no spell shield, try and move above his poison trail, putting harass on him without actually falling behind him.

If he doesn't learn from his mistakes and drastically alter his farming style, you will have an early advantage! it's up to you and your team to capitalize on this, though, so be prepared and stay sharp.

Vicious Otter

01-08-2013

too bad no one plays nocturne top

Datanotfound

01-08-2013

If a Singed starts with poison at level 1 and actually attempts to run through the wave... You should be beating him regardless of what champion you are playing. I have always started fling when I play Singed unless I was jungling on SR.

NightKrowe

01-09-2013

I love Signed, because his playstyle is completely different from any other champion. He was free in my first or second rotation, and my friends both hated him. I finally tried him out, and when I got a kill, my friend looked at me confused as all hell. Singed is different from other champions in that he does not try to HIT you. His poison trail follows him, and his fling is mostly used for strategy, not damage.

Early on, you're right, he's afraid. If you engage him, he will run. He doesn't do much damage until level 4. Again, the thing about Singed is he doesn't try to hit you, so he's not going to run at you. Ever. If you run at him, he'll run away. And when he has his poison trail, he's damaging you by running away. Do yourself a favor and NEVER CHASE A SINGED. If you don't chase him, he can't kill you. Most people don't like facing that cold, hard truth.

Mid-game, he gets stronger, and more aggressive. If he's still laning, he's pushing hard. If he's ganking, well, his fling is a game-changer. If he's partnered with any APC or ADC with a stun, you're screwed. The key here is to catch him alone, and to do it from behind. If he's targetting a turret, never hit him straight on, because he can run EASILY, and kill you while doing it. The best way to counter his mega adhesive is flash. There really is no counter to fling. And if you aren't in the poison, you're not hurt by it. If you can help it, don't take him on alone because he'll almost always escape.

Late-game, this is when he's hard to kill. The main reason is because to take out all of his health, you need to follow him. The only way to kill Singed late-game, very simply put, is to stop him from running. Stuns, slows, the whole shabang. If you have two champions with good stuns and slows, and one or two champions that can deal damage, he's dead. The sad truth about Singed, though, is you can't really beat him one on one. Not without an advantage.

Counters to Singed early on are simple. Anyone ranged, and anyone with a poke. Twitch and Teemo are nice because their poison is annoying. Teemo can also deal lots of damage with his mushrooms, and when placed in the right spot, can kill a fleeing Singed. Later on, well, the only real person I've had real trouble with is Mordekaiser. My main problem with Singed is how often I run in. If I initiate a team fight and get singled out before any of my team can help, I'm donefor. But if I wait for backup, if I'm not targetted at all, or the opposing team decides to run INSTEAD OF dealing damage, well, I usually get out with at least half of my health left, enough to push a lane once we score the Ace.

Luego

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datanotfound View Post
If a Singed starts with poison at level 1 and actually attempts to run through the wave... You should be beating him regardless of what champion you are playing. I have always started fling when I play Singed unless I was jungling on SR.
I disagree. Lvl 1 poison sucks. So getting to lvl 2 poison asap is important (assuming you're farming as described, pushing the hell out of the lane). Fling does minimum damage early as well and until you have a boatlod of ap is useful only as a reposition not a real damage source.

If all you have is fling at lvl 1, you're going to lose trades hard. As singed, I don't even want to *have* trades for the first few levels. I want to puff my poison, AA minions, and farm as safely as possible until I have lvl 2 or lvl 3 poison and my full kit, and a catalyst, and then I get to start having fun.

The only time I get fling lvl 1 is if I am in an organized team and we are planning a lvl 1 teamfight that will benefit significantly from the reposition but still probably not get me killed. That's rare. Even for the lvl 1 teamfight I prefer poison - enter the fight first, eat all their burst, ghost around them and out, and let your team clean up for FB.

GMAING

01-09-2013

or go elise and rape him all game long

Eloquid

01-09-2013

So much disinformation here. Every good Singed will max his Q asap. And fling does hurt, and can hurt A LOT. It does damage which can be drastically increased with auto attacking flinged enemy while in air. Takes practice but every good Singed player should learn that. Also, stop crying. Singed is nothing in S3 in comparison to what he was in S2. I know because he's my main. Yes, I do have double wins than loses on TT. As soon as S3 changes came out, I started feeding with him until I realized how squishy he was until level 6-7.

Datanotfound

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luego View Post
I disagree. Lvl 1 poison sucks. So getting to lvl 2 poison asap is important (assuming you're farming as described, pushing the hell out of the lane). Fling does minimum damage early as well and until you have a boatlod of ap is useful only as a reposition not a real damage source.

If all you have is fling at lvl 1, you're going to lose trades hard. As singed, I don't even want to *have* trades for the first few levels. I want to puff my poison, AA minions, and farm as safely as possible until I have lvl 2 or lvl 3 poison and my full kit, and a catalyst, and then I get to start having fun.

The only time I get fling lvl 1 is if I am in an organized team and we are planning a lvl 1 teamfight that will benefit significantly from the reposition but still probably not get me killed. That's rare. Even for the lvl 1 teamfight I prefer poison - enter the fight first, eat all their burst, ghost around them and out, and let your team clean up for FB.

I think you misunderstood me. I start with fling at level one unless I feel completely safe in my lane. I max Q first. You get rank 2 poison at level 3 regardless if you started with fling or poison, so I'm not sure why you think starting with it is beneficial. Fling can be used defensively and offensively which is why I prefer it at level one. Trying to poison a wave is just going to get you punished in a trade at that low of a level. If someone moves in melee to poke at you and you have fling, just toss them into your creeps they just aggroed. You will do as much damage as one or two rounds of poison.

I just will never see what people like about taking poison at level 1.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datanotfound View Post
I think you misunderstood me. I start with fling at level one unless I feel completely safe in my lane. I max Q first. You get rank 2 poison at level 3 regardless if you started with fling or poison, so I'm not sure why you think starting with it is beneficial. Fling can be used defensively and offensively which is why I prefer it at level one. Trying to poison a wave is just going to get you punished in a trade at that low of a level. If someone moves in melee to poke at you and you have fling, just toss them into your creeps they just aggroed. You will do as much damage as one or two rounds of poison.

I just will never see what people like about taking poison at level 1.
This man speaks wisdom.

The only time I take poison at lvl 1 is when I suspect a lvl 1 team fight (which is rare lately) that could possibly be prolonged.

Bobinatorlol

01-09-2013

Level 1 Q and chill in base leveling up tear.