Ridiculous Ban, Reform Link

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

To Their Graves

01-08-2013

ETA: I forgot to link my tribunal case. Here it is.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../6114328/#nogo

I got my second seven day ban for the following case... personally, I think this is a pretty ridiculous one and I am sure some will disagree but I definitely do not feel that this one is justified... here are my arguments. You've really got to be kidding me that the community on this game would be so infantile to view this as punishable. The ONLY one that should be punishable would be Game #2 out of the five games.

Game #1: The report was made by the enemy. The only thing things that I said in ALL chat which an enemy would be able to view were:

Karthus [All] [00:12:24] how many noobs does it take? quite a few
Karthus [All] [00:12:51] i needed my 12 minute rod anyways

Karthus [All] [00:32:16] i built that top turret
Karthus [All] [00:32:50] u cant have it

Karthus [All] [00:35:03] lol that veibagr

Karthus [All] [00:40:27] MY TURRET STANDS

Should those statements constitute a report? I fail to see it, other than "i needed my 12 minute rod anyways" being potentially interpreted as a sexual innuendo... but even then, I don't see it.

Game #2: I won't dispute this one; when you go 22/8 in a 4v5 when your team is the four-man, it's hard not to troll the 0/12 Tryndamere. In any case, I was being a dick and I don't dispute this one.

Game #3: I don't see anything in here constituting a report. I got trolled in champ selection by lower picks and had to play Ryze as support, did atrocious and went 1/9/11. The guy that reported me is likely the guy that trolled me out of mid and forced me to support unless I went duo mid in a ranked. The ONLY thing that I see here potentially being bad is the joking with Gangplank in all chat, who didn't report me, and was jesting in good fun as I had the pirate ryze skin in and Gangplank is a pirate.

Game #4: Big dispute. I was reported by ONE ENEMY. I kind of said some things to the Brand on our team but it didn't get out of hand and he did not report me. I was reported by AN ENEMY. Here is all that I said in ALL chat which the enemy who reported me would have been exposed to.

Kha'Zix [All] [00:13:29] lmfao babysit him moar

Kha'Zix [All] [00:15:17] jarvan, your tryndamere needs you

Kha'Zix [All] [00:42:53] let us know when u get out of elo hell

That's punishable? You've got to be kidding me.

Game #5: I was ADC Varus and I got trolled by a Draven that picked after me. He also owned face, ironically enough. The only thing that I said was, at the start of the game, "afk, cya in 20" because I was frustrated about being trolled out of my lane but I did not AFK (obviously by my level and k/d/a) and did not say anything out of line all game. Kind of funny how that Draven troll-picks and then reports me, though.

Getsuei

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Marximus View Post
Game #2: I won't dispute this one; when you go 22/8 in a 4v5 when your team is the four-man, it's hard not to troll the 0/12 Tryndamere. In any case, I was being a dick and I don't dispute this one.
The thing is, if the Tribunal finds one instance that is Punish worthy, the whole case is treated as a Punish.

4. You do not judge based on weighing all the good games shown in a case versus the bad games shown in a case. You judge based on whether you find any instance of violating the Summoner's Code in any of the games shown in a case. If our judgment were based on both good games and bad games weighed against each other, then it could be easily abused by violators setting up premades or custom games and having their friends on these games "wrongfully report" them to build up a fake "good reputation".

To Their Graves

01-08-2013

I probably play on average 3-5 matches on a work night and 10-15 matches on a weekend. That match was over two months ago -- is a 7 day ban justified for one match out of over a hundred? I don't see it.

Zaresin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

Quote:
I probably play on average 3-5 matches on a work night and 10-15 matches on a weekend. That match was over two months ago -- is a 7 day ban justified for one match out of over a hundred? I don't see it.
Your case is pulled from a random sampling of your recent reports.

Getsuei

01-08-2013

Quote:
The games that are seen in the Tribunal, are only a sample of your reported games. And the punishment system is based off of esculation. You start at a warning, and then slowly get time banned up to 2 weeks for each punishment, after that the next punishment goes that up for review from Riot and is usually a permaban.

Brockabilly99

kaleb bartlett

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

Quote:
Quote:
2) I only have 1 bad game in my Tribunal Reform Card, why am I banned???
a) The Tribunal verdict is not based on a 'majority' rule; there is also no requirement that all games have to be toxic for it to warrant a suspension. Depending on the case, sometimes 1 game is all that is needed to show that the player deserves a suspension. To Tribunal reviewers, decisions like these are up to you. When you view a Tribunal case, the questions you should ask yourselves are, "Is this player's behavior appropriate in League of Legends?" and "Would I want to play with this player?"
Thank you for admitting that your suspension was justified, go wait it out now.

/thread

Shelzin

01-08-2013

Quote:
ETA: I forgot to link my tribunal case. Here it is.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../6114328/#nogo

I got my second seven day ban for the following case... personally, I think this is a pretty ridiculous one and I am sure some will disagree but I definitely do not feel that this one is justified... here are my arguments. You've really got to be kidding me that the community on this game would be so infantile to view this as punishable. The ONLY one that should be punishable would be Game #2 out of the five games.
I didn't bother to review the case... Considering you already admit one is punishable, and that's all it takes.

Remember... It take a lot of games reported to get into tribunal... It randomly picks five to show us. That's why, I believe, it only takes one game.

Shelzin

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockabilly99 View Post
I did read it. I think the punishment was warranted.

vulgarwolf

01-08-2013

tribal council has voted, now bring your torch ebfore leaving teh island