Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Y U NO Ss?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Turtle Omega

01-10-2013

Second pet peeve:

"Don't farm my lane noob"

Bobinatorlol

01-10-2013

Quote:
Turtle Omega:
Second pet peeve:

"Don't farm my lane noob"

Well depending on what stage of the game it is and what has happened up until that point farming a frozen or shoved lane while your team mate is not there can severely hinder that persons lane.

Turtle Omega

01-10-2013

eh not really but okay

bierfaust

01-10-2013

Quote:
Dunal:
Seriously?

The map is tiny.
There are a whopping two lanes.
No single champion should be 'dedicated' to a lane due to the nature of the map.
This is a game-mode without wards. So there's no excuse to not be constantly defensive.
I may ping if I have to, but apparently that's not good enough because "No SS/Mia who cares about pings n00b i afk".
There are only 1-2 champions to track.

Just a pet-peeve, really. I mean, I could, but it's the principle and pure stupidity of it. Anyone who doesn't look at the map every 3 seconds baffles me. Even in Rift I don't see much purpose either (Either I ward for myself or just look at map) but I suppose there's some arguments for it (I always call it -- since it's very clear when someone's left lane). Not here.

No, I don't disagree with calling 'SS/MIA' to reminder someone. I just disagree that it's apparently their fault that you died and you couldn't look out for yourself. You rage at someone for your own mistake? If I die to a gank then it's my fault and I acknowledge it.

Pings are good though if a teammate if dueling/engaging someone and is focusing (may be too engaged to look at map). But general laning...?

Every. Game.

Worse part is that often enough when you do call it, they get killed anyway and blame you for not chasing them. That's why I don't see the point. If you can't look at the map, how can you look at the chat any easier? Point is, calling Mia/Pings are fine and good. But don't blame others when you get caught out.

Actually due to the nature of the small map and the placement of the speed shrine it is even more important than on SR to communicate with your team. As soon as someone retreats into the fog you should be calling missing or pinging. And then if it's from the bot lane, 1 person on your team should track back into the bush and up by their alter to see if the opponent is going for a gank. (depending on where top lane is obviously)

After having played games with my friends and then playing some with pubs I have to admit that I severely under-estimate just how vital communication is on TT. I really did take for granted just how important and potentially life saving "X miss" over vent is.

Yes there are only 3 people to track, but it doesn't take much to easily jump someone that has a momentary lapse in attention or judgement (especially if the person you are lanning against is keeping your attention quite well, which is good strategy on his part as he was the one that probably said "this guy is pretty busy trying to deal with me, you should gank him" That's teamwork, and so is letting your teammate know he might have incoming). We are all human after all, so why not do the most we can to help our teammates win.

After all, if you want to be stubborn and/or arrogant and just watch him die then give him ****, you deserve to lose.

WillWW

01-10-2013

Only takes half a second to type it out, especially if your opponent is mia and you dont have to worry about him attking you. So if he is able to sneak out and gank your teammate, it is your fault If you didn't let anyone know, because he outplayed you.

now, pings work just as well, but directly saying it in chat gives you proof and they cant say anything about it.

Kyvar Destu

01-10-2013

Saying in chat takes a second. A second out of time that you might need to use a skill to help your teammate or harass the people you are laning against. Pings are ultimately the best reminder in my opinion...

My biggest pet peeve is when people overfarm the lane. Perhaps I should elaborate. When people don't just last hit, but spam skills to aggressively to get creep kills and push lane too far forward which is a pain the ass when you are the partner champ that isn't the best at jungling quickly early on. It sucks to get lane denied by your own partner and your partner isn't any good

WillWW

01-10-2013

The while point of the thread is about people going mia. So if theyre still in your lane or they did go missing and you followed and your teammates see you following, why would you take that second to type mia?

Dunal

01-11-2013

Quote:
Kyvar Destu:
Saying in chat takes a second. A second out of time that you might need to use a skill to help your teammate or harass the people you are laning against. Pings are ultimately the best reminder in my opinion...

You could say the same thing about looking at the map though -- it only takes a second of your time. Heck, looking at the bottom right of your screen is no different than the bottom left or vice-versa. With chat you still have to have an effort in taking notice of it. Pinging works best like how the jungle functions in rift.

That's really how the map should function. I'm a main jungler on rift who's constantly under pressure to know the whereabouts of the enemy jungler and/or predict where they are (Heck my main is Sejuani -- I know all about counterjungling pressure!). So I'm used to the prospect of trying to be map aware or playing in accordance to their potential whereabouts. It's just important to keep aware and you shouldn't have to rely on your team to be aware for you. Point is -- if you're pushed to the enemy tower, it's pretty obvious the enemy team will be out to get you -- so you're bound to look at the map. Taking risks is all about covering yourself for it, it's not teammates responsibility to cover you for your risks. They can and it helps -- just not really rage-induing if they don't.

It creates bad habits more than anything. If you're too reliant on your team when you're not even being actively involved, then it won't teach you. TT is like Rift-lite when it comes to being map aware. I sometimes just don't call mia out of the respect of innate teammate's awareness, but that might just come with the habit of playing with people that know how to be so. My point about wards is a good one because if the enemy team has a jungler, you should be really aware about overextending anyway. The lack of wards discourages aggressiveness especially early on.

If a teammate is simply farming without any pressure -- and they have plenty of time to browse at the map, it doesn't make much sense to me to let them know when there's a potential gank coming but it feels like a "No ****" moment. Sometimes it feels silly to insult their intelligence, but that's probably just me it seems. Unless they're engaging on an enemy laner and may not time to look at the map, It's hard to justify it.

I mean, calling SS/mia constantly isn't a bad thing. I rarely but sometimes get killed to ganks but I always notice a pattern when I do so -- I just forget to look at the map or be careless. Nothing to do with my teammates or their faults. I had no excuse to overextend in them moments.

Geekweezul

01-11-2013

Quote:
Kyvar Destu:

My biggest pet peeve is when people overfarm the lane. Perhaps I should elaborate. When people don't just last hit, but spam skills to aggressively to get creep kills and push lane too far forward which is a pain the ass when you are the partner champ that isn't the best at jungling quickly early on. It sucks to get lane denied by your own partner and your partner isn't any good

Well, that all depends as well...are they trying to push the lane into the enemy tower quickly to deprive the enemy of xp/gold?

We do that alot when the enemy has retreated.

Bobinatorlol

01-11-2013

I recently set up a macro on my Razer keyboard to call MIA's. I think I over due it with the calls now.

What I have been seeing lately is

Top "wow thanks for not calling MIA bot"
Bot "It is right there look at the chat"
Top "I don't have time to read chat when I am CS'ing just ping it next time"

Or these

Top "Thanks for letting me die bot lane. We lose because you don't call MIA"
Bot "That was the jungler....."