Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Y U NO Ss?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dunal

01-08-2013

Seriously?

The map is tiny.
There are a whopping two lanes.
No single champion should be 'dedicated' to a lane due to the nature of the map.
This is a game-mode without wards. So there's no excuse to not be constantly defensive.
I may ping if I have to, but apparently that's not good enough because "No SS/Mia who cares about pings n00b i afk".
There are only 1-2 champions to track.

Just a pet-peeve, really. I mean, I could, but it's the principle and pure stupidity of it. Anyone who doesn't look at the map every 3 seconds baffles me. Even in Rift I don't see much purpose either (Either I ward for myself or just look at map) but I suppose there's some arguments for it (I always call it -- since it's very clear when someone's left lane). Not here.

No, I don't disagree with calling 'SS/MIA' to reminder someone. I just disagree that it's apparently their fault that you died and you couldn't look out for yourself. You rage at someone for your own mistake? If I die to a gank then it's my fault and I acknowledge it.

Pings are good though if a teammate if dueling/engaging someone and is focusing (may be too engaged to look at map). But general laning...?

Every. Game.

Worse part is that often enough when you do call it, they get killed anyway and blame you for not chasing them. That's why I don't see the point. If you can't look at the map, how can you look at the chat any easier? Point is, calling Mia/Pings are fine and good. But don't blame others when you get caught out.

IloveHairyBushes

01-08-2013

I agree with you. Just wanted to point out that you mentioned people expect MIAs every game youre in. You sshould let them know you wont be calling it, just to avoid them raging.

Dunal

01-08-2013

Quote:
IloveHairyBushes:
I agree with you. Just wanted to point out that you mentioned people expect MIAs every game youre in. You sshould let them know you wont be calling it, just to avoid them raging.

I'm not really against calling it if they ask me to. Usually I ping though.

It's usually when others are involved in regards to calling and whatnot. People flame each-other or simply make excuses for dying. It's just really unnecessary. Or if I don't for whatever reason, it's their responsibility to look out for themselves.

If I die, I always can't help but think "If I would have just kept a look out I wouldn't have died -- My fault". No reason to direct hate at others for something so silly.

It's worse on this map than Rift though, which is bizarre. On Rift there are wards, which may mean people may not be as aware if an enemy takes a unique route and they might not know about it. Or that the map is bigger and there are more champions to keep track of (glimpsing at map may not give the full picture). So pinging/Mia may be necessary. It's just that when you play a map with no self-defense -- you'd think you would play more cautiously.

I mean, I often ping for where I think an enemy is heading -- but not simply because they're mia, you know? I'll ping if I know they're heading to an altar or whatnot, but it's everyone's responsibility to look after themselves.

Slëëpy Ðrågön

01-08-2013

Map awareness is something you can only develop from playing on a smurf account

Nerdsinc

01-08-2013

I agree, however I generally enjoy having teams that call and reinforce MIA's/SS's. I do constantly look at the map but sometimes I just forget to look because I'm either being aggressive/focusing on last hitting against a powerful laner...

SmokingJoeNL

01-08-2013

Calling ss also shows you care about team work.

Lumione

01-08-2013

OP is my new best friend. This map is GANK GANK GANK GANK city. I rarely push up to (let alone, past,) the first bush in my lane.

Nerdsinc has a good point too. I have excellent map awareness but everyone can get a little tunnel-visioned at times. It's best not to risk it.

ZenithZephyr

01-09-2013

V-ping is all you ever need.

Makes a sound: Check
Shows on minimap: Check
Pops up the chat window: Check

Nothing worse than when a 2 man premade has been gabbing back and forth with each other or the other team all game then slips a "mia" in the middle. Sorry I checked out of your conversation quite a while back.

Quintavius

01-10-2013

I always tell people that needing a MIA call is a crutch that will stagnate their success. I'll ping dead center of the map if I think my opponent is engaging.

I've noticed that the people who demand MIAs often call an MIA and never think about following the MIA champ. It bottles the mind

Keuzen

01-10-2013

The map is tiny, too. Someone like Teemo or Singed could run VERY quickly to gank.