Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Need Some Help/Tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HotdogsFTW

Recruiter

01-08-2013

I am currently at around 1200 elo. I do not think elo hell exists as I have read a lot into it and it just seems that bad players and bad and do bad and either don't realize it and blame everyone else. I used to do that a lot. A few days ago I tried changing my playstyle from aggressive and risky to passive and smart. I have also changed my attitude from 'everyone sucks but me' to 'I suck and I need to improve.' These changes in play style and attitude have made ME a much better player, however I seem to be losing just as many games.

I always have the most, or close to the most CS. I always ward. I always try to keep morale up by being positive, I always give players tips, I always call mia and I always encourage the team to go for objectives rather than kills. Lately, I have been going positive in the mid and early game. Usually around 2/0/5 as a top lane or jungler. As soon as laning phase ends, I start to go negative. Is this because I just suck at team fighting, or is it because I am forced to rely on my team? For example: I am playing as Vi top. I get early FB and soon after im 2/0/3. I am owning top so I go to help mid. Pick up mid a kill. Then mid dies 3 times in a row for seemingly stupid reasons. Kat is fed. We somewhat group for team fights, players get caught, morg is now 1/11/2 and we are getting pushed to our base. We lose the game and my end score is now 3/4/5.

How can I stop this from happening, does anyone have any basic tips or rules for me to go by? I feel like the root problem is that teams don't know how to team fight, but there isnt really anything I can do IN the game to change that.