Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Warning: Google prevented a suspicious attempt to sign into your account. Was it you?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NepotisM

01-08-2013

So..i just got this when i refreshed my googlepage....

Application or device sign-in attempt
Prevented

China
IP Address: 60.166.255.42

Jan 7, 2013
9:43:48 AM

Lucchinii

01-08-2013

ok

Calys Teneb

01-08-2013

It was me, Zoidberg.

NepotisM

01-08-2013

its only a gaming email with no information whatsoever...but still

i was wondering why 2-3 month ago 2 of my 5 gaming emails got blocked out of nowhere....
dem chinese keyloggers.

CawkBeefSandwich

01-08-2013

Yah I've gotten a few of those too

Delimon

01-08-2013

Use better passwords? I mean, if your password isn't at least 10 characters long, ya know, you can get hacked. . .

Acraetus

01-08-2013

OP: This same **** a week ago. 12 letter password mixed case + numbers. I don't download any suspicious programs without sandboxy first. Weird man.

NepotisM

01-08-2013

Quote:
Delimon:
Use better passwords? I mean, if your password isn't at least 10 characters long, ya know, you can get hacked. . .

its 8 letters with 2 numbers. i think its strong enough.

you know its pretty easy to keylog a password right?
no matter if you got a 30 case password, a keylog will find it right away.

having long passwords only protects against the type of password breakers that use Brute force which tries every single possibility.
i have tried before to find passwords from winrar files using this type of program.
you can program it so it tried every possibility first with 3 digits, 4, then 5 then 6...etc
you can decide to do it with or without caplock, with or without numbers etc...
thats bruteforce breach, only reason ppl get long passwords.

a key log is a malware program that records every key u press and they determine the password with the time you entered said acc and the keys press prior to entering, pretty easy..
i mustve had one of those, i recently had a hard time removing a backdoor svchost trojan which anonymously downloaded and uploaded stuff without my knownledge, i was wondering why i kept getting spikes...

this **** took me 5 hours to remove...step by step, manually cause no program can remove trojans fully..

Urf Bender

01-08-2013

This happened with my youtube account. I just changed my password and it hasn't happened again.

Tisasecret

01-08-2013

the exact same thing happened to me o.o