Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is Draven worth it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

swils

01-08-2013

Oh, and be sure to pair up with a Janna. You pop an axe, Janna shields you, you proceed to chunk the hell out of the enemy.

iNightmareX

01-08-2013

Any more opinions? What I'm most worried about is his late game. :/

Gespens

01-08-2013

FYI, his passive stacks. So your DPS is higher than other carries late, even if you neglect axes.

Rio Speedwagon

01-08-2013

Quote:
mogranfreeman:

Late game, Draven tappers off. Catching axes becomes a questionable dps gain, his short range becomes dangerous, and his lack of a real escape becomes problematic.

His damage sure doesn't fall off though. Draven's Q-augmented autoattacks can break 800 damage each, if they crit.

swils

01-08-2013

He loses that "Holy **** I'm the best" feeling, but he definitely doesn't become obsolete. He can and will still fulfill the role of ADC adequately and then some. If you -know- there's a team fight coming up, try to get some axe stacks going so that you can unload without worrying about catching them. Casting Q will refresh the timer so you can sit on that 3rd or 4th axe then cast Q to give you a fresh timer just before fight breaks out.

Oyxl

01-08-2013

Quote:
mogranfreeman:
Draven's got the strongest lane phase in the game, hands down. He can beat any anyone (especially any other adc) in a lvl 1,2, or 3 duel if you know how to catch axes.

He's also still a monster in the mid game. Whether you emerge from the lane phase fed as all hell, strongly farmed compared to their adc, or even behind / on par, his damage in the mid game is amazing and will be felt.

Late game, Draven tappers off. Catching axes becomes a questionable dps gain, his short range becomes dangerous, and his lack of a real escape becomes problematic.

Fortunately, if you play him well and your team isn't awful, the game should be already over once late game rolls around; or you should at least have a strong lead on their adc.

Note: His early and mid game dominance will require that you, you know, be good with him. Catching (and more importantly controlling) axes is a massive part of playing him to his full potential, and you'll have to spend a decent amount of time mastering him before you'll be bale to truly unlock his crushing potential.

Get all the lane farm and some kills and Draven will have 6 slots filled by the 40th minute and lay waste to anything that gets in line of sight.

Valor And Quinn

Recruiter

01-08-2013

Quote:
iNightmareX:
I was looking at some videos of Draven and he seems really fun. I already have Graves and Ezreal, but Draven's is more... "DRAAAAAAAAVEN!" I love how the character is too, but what I can tell his damage isn't that great later on. Is he worth buying for ~1600 ELO?

He does more damage than any ADC.
Considering his crits scale 335%
And his normal attacks 185%

bliu23

01-08-2013

Quote:
iNightmareX:
I was looking at some videos of Draven and he seems really fun. I already have Graves and Ezreal, but Draven's is more... "DRAAAAAAAAVEN!" I love how the character is too, but what I can tell his damage isn't that great later on. Is he worth buying for ~1600 ELO?

What?

Look up mimidood and see his ranked stats with Draven.

Or my ranked stats.

Draven's ridiculously strong and fun.

RyuthK

01-08-2013

If the Dravens damage wasn't that much in the videos you were watching they must of been playing him wrong. Catch your axe's and keep using W since the axe's refresh it you'll do insane damage with insane speed.