Is Draven worth it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iNightmareX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

I was looking at some videos of Draven and he seems really fun. I already have Graves and Ezreal, but Draven's is more... "DRAAAAAAAAVEN!" I love how the character is too, but what I can tell his damage isn't that great later on. Is he worth buying for ~1600 ELO?

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

From laning against him, this is what you need to ask yourself--

Do I want to be a PURE BEATSTICK with the highest potential damage of any adc in the game?

If your answer is yes, then pick draven. be sure to catch those axes

Gryphon48

01-08-2013

Of course he is worth it. He's DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVEN!
Such a silly question.

VertigoInk

01-08-2013

I heard somewhere that to succeed in lower ELOs (up to plat?) you have to be more aggressive in lane. Since Draven fits that playstyle by all means buy him.

Fang0r

01-08-2013

More like should Draaaaaaaaaaveeeeeeen buy you?

Cerulean Laser

01-08-2013

He doesn't know how to Draven!!!!!!!!!!! O_O

douap759

01-08-2013

his damage in early game is OP, ima sure you will enjoy it

Moragtao

01-08-2013

He is by far my favorite ADC.

So yes, if you ask me, you should buy him. Nobody can beat the DRAVEN

swils

01-08-2013

Yes. A thousand times yes. But you have to know what you're doing. His last hitting is super easy thanks to his Q, but if you focus only on last hits, you're wasting potential. You absolutely have to balance last hits with poking. He has favorable trades with most ADCs so take advantage of it. You can be an incredible lane bully.

MorganFreemanBot

01-08-2013

Draven's got the strongest lane phase in the game, hands down. He can beat any anyone (especially any other adc) in a lvl 1,2, or 3 duel if you know how to catch axes.

He's also still a monster in the mid game. Whether you emerge from the lane phase fed as all hell, strongly farmed compared to their adc, or even behind / on par, his damage in the mid game is amazing and will be felt.

Late game, Draven tappers off. Catching axes becomes a questionable dps gain, his short range becomes dangerous, and his lack of a real escape becomes problematic.

Fortunately, if you play him well and your team isn't awful, the game should be already over once late game rolls around; or you should at least have a strong lead on their adc.

Note: His early and mid game dominance will require that you, you know, be good with him. Catching (and more importantly controlling) axes is a massive part of playing him to his full potential, and you'll have to spend a decent amount of time mastering him before you'll be bale to truly unlock his crushing potential.