Draven Rune choice armor pen. vs attack damage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sinnerr88

01-08-2013

I'm new to lol and have been using Draven more than others I have bought and was curious to know which build works better for him since I have seen an armor pen build and an attack build guides since I have been playing for nearly 3 weeks I have bought a few level 3 quints and have my t3 mag resist glyphs just didn't know what marks to go with and why armor pen would be better than attack. Thanx for any advice all is appreciated.

Griffen angel

01-08-2013

i think you want attack marks. reason being your an adc which mean you want your cs (creep score) to be high. yes you want to kill enemy champs, but you must do so when you can and it is open to you. last hitting with draven early game will make that last whisper late game easier to buy.

Vycky

01-08-2013

It depends on your preference but I prefer Armor penetration Marks and Attack Damage Quintessences. Since Draven's passive scales off level and not off Attack damage, it would be a slightly more effective alternative. However, Draven's Q will increase your AD dramatically and scales off it but I believe, and someone can prove me wrong, Armor penetration runes will be more damaging later in the game.

In laning if you're using a Spinning Axe, last hitting should be a breeze so consider Armor Penetration Marks and Quintessences rather than Attack Damage.

Hirumonogatari

01-09-2013

the simple formula is: AD marks for easier early game, armour pen for better late game.

Draven already owns early game pretty darn hard, so i'd run armour pen. i'd run ad marks for ashe, for example.

Audio7

01-09-2013

Short answer : armor pen.

Long answer: Armor pen is only good when you already have damage. But since draven gets soo much damage from spinning axes, armor pen is strong even in the early game.

You should think of armor pen as a multiplier, while flat AD marks give you more damage then the multiplier does.

Tatsko

Recruiter

01-10-2013

Depends on how confident you feel with him. His Spinning Axes allows him to dominate a lane and last hit competently without the flat AD, but if you're bad at last hitting or catching your axes this can cause problems and you should build flat AD. If you're confident in your skill, however, arpen is much more useful mid-late game.