If you can't play a role in ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nicavenger

01-08-2013

Well yes... if u cant play all roles dont play ranked but u should prioritise your role lvl

gentlemenshadow

01-08-2013

since im one of few people who seem to be able to do everything i guess i get a little mad when people dont know how to x role

support is simple: save, cc for and buff your adc. and then some wards sometimes

adc is simple: shoot minions then jump the opposing laner when you got a advantage

jungle: hit notminions till someone's lane is pushed

top: farm, smack the enemy and ward top river

mid: dont get caught overextending

Paintrain6242

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

then don't play ranked*

ha. really.

Ronnie Law

01-08-2013

Everyone can play every role.
They aren't hard.
Refusing to play a role so that the team can win is just childish.

Seriously, it takes about 10-15 games and you have all the fundamentals you need to play whatever role you have to.
The upshot is that your technical skills go up too because you can coordinate better with other roles, since you actually understand what they are doing.

Noblepeasant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotGradius View Post
After working through a lot of my placement matches for S3, I've started copy+pasting this message from a sticky note on my desktop:

this is my order of skill level, though I'll fill in where needed:
jungle > top > support > adc > mid

It seems to facilitate discussion a bit better than trying to call my best roles. My two cents.
I made a macro. Why copy and paste?

Corngina

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Law View Post
Everyone can play every role.
They aren't hard.
Refusing to play a role so that the team can win is just childish.

Seriously, it takes about 10-15 games and you have all the fundamentals you need to play whatever role you have to.
The upshot is that your technical skills go up too because you can coordinate better with other roles, since you actually understand what they are doing.
Not really. I can play top, sure, but i dont have the same breadth of champions that are appropriate for top lane as i do for, say, mid/support/adc. You're right about the second part, though.

Xerxes13reak

01-08-2013

Just my two cents here, but I was wondering why it is that riot doesn't implement something similar to a dungeon finder as an option to join ranked. Aka, pick and designate rolls before the ranked game starts, so there won't be a controversy when people are picking champs. I had someone the other day fail to read chat, and picked a role that was already taken. I feel like this issue could have been fixed with an idea such as a dungeon finder, and I was wondering what the community thought.

dogbiter

01-08-2013

Quote:
After working through a lot of my placement matches for S3, I've started copy+pasting this message from a sticky note on my desktop:

this is my order of skill level, though I'll fill in where needed:
jungle > top > support > adc > mid

It seems to facilitate discussion a bit better than trying to call my best roles. My two cents.
can we get some kind of aplication into the Lol client so we can display messages like that immediately after champ select begins??? with a different font and color.

I Play Orianna

01-13-2013

i just pick master yi, I know how to play yi who cares about the role

And it was K

01-13-2013

Quote:
It's not really another program, it's just an ease of communication to stir up discussion and to show the team where I can play competently.
Shouldn't your avatar be UFO Corki's ship?