Difference between a 1500 and 1850 elo player?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Finneon

01-08-2013

1850 will have a good sense of where enemy champions are at all times, including the jungler, and won't facecheck the fog of war when it's unsafe. They won't tower dive because they're slightly ahead and are impatient because team fights aren't happening fast enough. They'll know how most matchups in their main role go and play accordingly - just because it's a bad matchup doesn't mean it's okay to feed uncontrollably.

1850s will play according to their champion's strengths instead of how they want to play, so 1850 Cassio's won't play like assassins flashing through their team onto the ad carry. Oh, and 1850s just generally have a better understanding of how team fights work. They'll understand that sometimes, just focusing whoever it's safe to is the better option and they understand the importance of protecting their squishy teammates.

1850s won't ace the enemy team ten times in a row and still fail to finish the game. They'll push their advantages. They'll understand when they're ahead and when they're behind, and play accordingly.

TingTongWong

01-08-2013

You can argue that they are mechanically better, however my personal opinion is that they understand the game on another level... as in they understand dif lane matchups, damage calculations, and have a better understanding of other champion abilities they are facing... personally I feel less trolls as well. I was watching destiny's stream, and it seemed he had a harder time getting through the 1300-1600s then where he is now, which I believe is in the 1800s.

DeathByWaffle

01-08-2013

1400 - Possesses fundamental knowledge of the game, but they are typically close minded and their skill is severely lacking. Players often possess the "carry" mentality here, much to their detriment. Many, many throws.

1500 - Possesses fundamental knowledge of the game and has some skill, but still make many mistakes. Still frequent amounts of throws.

1600 - Same as 1500, but typically less mistakes, though they still make plenty of them.

1700 - Almost exactly the same as 1600

1800 - Possesses higher level of skill. Their mistakes are fewer and players will often get a taste of what diamond level games feel like here. Team work becomes more relevant starting here (not to say it's not important in the aforementioned Elos)

1900 - Team work is being polished up. Players here are typically capable of at least holding their own vs diamond players.

2000+: Diamond! Players here are generally expected to have good individual and team work skills, make few to no mistakes, and know to not throw the game by doing stupid things like farming bot lane when they should be protecting baron without having a plan.

Also, I kind of just bull****ted this entire list. lol

Thinkdealer

01-08-2013

Quote:

1500s can get caught every 2 seconds, while 1800s get caught only every 5 seconds
And once you fall below 1200, the rate at which people get caught starts to be measured in fractions of a second.

The smallest measurement of time in the known universe is the amount of time it takes a 0 elo player to get caught. Scientists have utilized this to measure how fast atoms travel.

Eihber

01-08-2013

Only difference is that 1800 throws more often because they don't want you to hit 1900.
1500's are less skilled and decision making sucks. 1600-1800 is all about the same thought.

M0MENTUM

01-08-2013

1800s know how to end a game they are winning, throwing is less frequent. Having a lead barely means anything until 1700-1800 where people know how to push and take objectives.

UnicornFan91

01-08-2013

1800 is the land of trolls where people will lose on purpose so you cant break plat.

Masa

01-08-2013

Mechanics mainly.

bliu23

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyCake View Post
1500s can get caught every 2 seconds, while 1800s get caught only every 5 seconds
I think you summed it up pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgivenbow View Post
To be honest... when I was 1700s, all the golds were so much better than those platniums and diamond borders it's not even funny.
That's because if you're stuck at 1700 as a plat/diamond, you probably got carried up and sat on your elo

forgivenbow

01-08-2013

To be honest... when I was 1700s, all the golds were so much better than those platniums and diamond borders it's not even funny.