Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So Riot took Tresh idea from Master Zensu ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SpiralinISqwerty

01-08-2013

Does it matter if he gets recognition or not? Seriously, I don't see how you can be sad over this, I'd be happy without recognition. If you don't want your stuff used, don't post it.

Sirtommygunn

01-08-2013

Why is everyone so obsessed with proving Riot "stole" their champion ideas? Who cares if they did, you made the champion idea because you wanted to see it in the game, and now that it is you hate Riot's guts for it?

Mass

01-08-2013

Quote:
Sirtommygunn:
Why is everyone so obsessed with proving Riot "stole" their champion ideas? Who cares if they did, you made the champion idea because you wanted to see it in the game, and now that it is you hate Riot's guts for it?

People make ideas because they want credit for it to be used, sadly not just for it to be in the game.

IcyCoolDeath

01-08-2013

there chain grab is the roughly the same between the 2.......thats it.....means nothing

Inoue Konoha

01-08-2013

The only remotely similar thing I see are the "minions around me die I get free stuff" mechanic and the "I can pull an ally, wheeeeee" mechanic ... not that uncommon. My friend made a chain-based champion that had a hook ability, ranged autoattacks, and a "pull ally" thing - what's your point? People have similar ideas all the time. I don't see how Thresh is a rip-off.

Hidden Dragon

01-08-2013

I don't see a single similarity between that suggestion and Thresh.

Archetypically, they are different - one is a Reaper / Wraith / Ghost; the other is a swordsman
Mechanically, they are different - one has an ally pull, a heal, a CC redirection and what looks like Omnislash; Tresh has nothing similar.

Azihayya

01-08-2013

Everyone and their mother's have created a Champion that Thresh was ripped-off from; some of us more recently than others.

Here's mine (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2966463) (and second thread (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=33118082#post33118082) with corrections) and here's my mothers' (http://just kidding). Here's Jecosm's (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2662952&highlight=thresh).

Spectre4802

01-08-2013

That champ that Riot "ripped off" only has one or two abilities that are similar to Thresh.

Similar.

This is game development, people - designers take ideas that are cool and mix them with other cool ideas (maybe their own) and make something.

Not saying Riot deliberately ripped off this champion concept. And besides, if they did, if they literally made the Swords Master, would that not be extremely flattering? I'd be ****ing thrilled that Riot thought my idea was good enough to pillage for their champions.

Shunkwugga

01-08-2013

Quote:
Sirtommygunn:

Ashe is a direct ripoff of Drow Ranger.

Olek Skilgannon

01-08-2013

Quote:
LastTestament:
Riot starts champ development up to a year in advance

people claimed Vi was there idea too..Riot showed them the idea preceded them.

The thread is dated over a year before Thresh btw.