Creative Design AMA - Vi, the Piltover Enforcer

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xulsigae

01-08-2013

So which movies did her interaction with Caitlyn come from? Lethal Weapon? Bad Boys? Hot Fuzz?
And her back story- Robin?

YSRS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

How does VI like her tea?

Where does she live, at the police headquarters?

Does VI celebrate her Birthday?

How would VI most want to celebrate her birthday? Mass building demolition?

Thanks for Running this AMA!

Mirana Arashi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

Another question :

Do Vi and Soraka know each other? What do they(or would they) think of each other?

EnvyDragon

01-08-2013

>viemail.exe

Dear Vi,

How do you type with punching gloves on?

Sincerely,
Anonymous

ZeroFreakReth

01-08-2013

Has she created anything else with her skills other than the gloves and does she have plans to create/modify something else?

Overlord Forte

01-08-2013

What's Vi's general stance on the Shadow Isles? If not the Isles proper, what about undeath?

Does she prefer her name 'Vee' or 'Six'?

Flayne

01-08-2013

Hi,

My first curious question followed by others:

- Are Vi's gauntlets made of light weight metal for her to be able to lift them? If not, then how is she able to lift them, much less throw fast punches with them? Hextech energy perhaps?

- What does Vi like to do in her spare time? (or time off the league)

- What is the thing that mostly annoys her? (or What makes her mad the most)

- What is the true reason for her joining the league besides just being partners with Caitlyn?

- Does the 6 on her face have anything to do with her changes in lifestyle at 6 years of age? (as it says 6 years old in lore)

- From the league, who is the most likely person to be a suitable friend for her?

Thank you for the AMA!

Ravechaosknight

01-08-2013

Guys, they are techmaturgy(Hextech) gloves. Likely originally made for Joe Everyminer(as in just a dude) to use. This mean that it is likely the "Hex"(read: magic) part of the gloves that make it so even a little girl/woman can use them with ease.

There's no secret there other than how exactly the "Magic" works. I mean Vi probably doesn't know exactly how they let her do what she does. She understands the tech part. You know how to keep it running smoothly.

Well, probably Heimer or Jayce could tell her the "how", but she doesn't care. As long as she can do the "What" the "how" is just fluff.

Edit: Down votes? Really? For giving a logical answer. Wow.

81AZ

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrow View Post
- Piltovians! I think she sees a lot of Piltover residents as kinda naive, the ones who live in the crime-free center city. And then there are those on the outskirts she grew up with, who she finds alienating in their complete self-centeredness, hence breaking away from them.
Well, that answers it. Sorry if I came across as rude, it just seemed kind of odd.

The Ghost Orchid

01-08-2013

From what I have gathered from this ama, Vi's mostly uninterested in yordles, half-dead things, anything spritual, science, romance, EPIC-THREATS, ambition or people who have it, her parents and anything that may have to do with her pre wake-up-on-the-streets history. Even joining Caitlyn in crime fighting was just a way for her to not have to deal with things, that thing being the law.

So.....
What is she interested in?
Why did she bother joining the league if she is seemingly uninterested in absolutely everything?
Why can't she be more than her fists?

I like her less after reading this. Kind of disappointed. Maybe I'm missing something.