Buff Atma's impaler please

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crowcaine

01-08-2013

It'll make Jarman and others mo viable. Back to 2% or at least 1.75% please riot.

ROOOOOAST

01-08-2013

Atma is not used cause not much stacking hp, needing armor and crit champ exist, but it fit well its role on a gp

Its a good item if u just consider the stat, but the synergy isnt there

H0p0nP0p

01-08-2013

It has it's niche, just... Them stats rnt as good as counterparts of it.

N e build with trinity or fist and atma will fare ok.

My usual atma build is, boot, tbc, atma, ruin king/hydra, fist, bulwark.

But i love bruisers... I dont know about n e one else =P

67chrome

01-09-2013

Atma's passive is considerably problematic - and should only really be useful as a 6th item.

Consider EHP and DPS already stack multiplicativly with each other. A 100+100 HP and 10+10 DPS unit will kill a 100+200 HP 10 DPS unit in 15 seconds, but it will take 20 seconds for the defensive unit to do the same. It will take 5 seconds for a 100+100 HP 10+10 DPS unit to kill a 100 HP 10+20 DPS unit as well - were it will take the DPS unit 6.67 seconds to return the favor. (basically, 2x2 is better than 1x3 or 3x1).

Items like Infinity Edge and Rabadon's Deathcap mostly serve the purpose of covering the 25% DPS gap and make glass-cannon builds competitively viable - were bruisers inherently get the same bonuses from just comboing something like Trinity Force and Randuin's Omen. Most bruisers already have the base stat scaling and abilities that having their own "infinity Edge" would be overkill. And Atma's would become that - just as it did in the Bruiser meta phase when it gave 2% on the passive. Every bruiser picked it up then, even ones with no real use for the critical strikes.

Consider that with base scaling most champions get ~110 AD and ~2000 HP. To get double your AD from that, you only need to convert 5.5% of your maximum health into damage. To get the 33% bonus stacking EHP and DPS naturally afford you only need to convert 1.833% of your maximum health into damage.

Rakaydos

01-09-2013

I get Atmas as an armor item after Warmog but before Spirit visage. Plenty of health, armor, and MR from the combination, and improved HP5

Xehnon

01-09-2013

Basicaly, atma's should NOT give crit chance but a flat ad bonus.

You'll see a bunch of GP player QQ but it would be of more use.

Even better yet, it could have AD per level instead of flat ad. Would be the first non champ restricted ad per level item also with scaling AD based on health.

TheRottenCrow

01-10-2013

everyone seems to forget that atmas was intended for bruiser champs, like renekton for example. it gives them the armor needed to get up close, the crit for their basic attacks, and the AD is supposed to be just a small damage bonus. it was never intended to massively increase your damage output, but to increase your survivability while avoiding sacrificing offensive stats.

67chrome

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRottenCrow View Post
everyone seems to forget that atmas was intended for bruiser champs.
...everyone here is referencing bruisers as the class that picks it up, or Gangplank with a bruiser build.

I'm fairly certain it was intended as a way to add a little more offense to bruisers or a little more survival to carries with the mechanics that wouldn't break either class though, AxesandSpears generally makes a pretty good case for that.

Frightning

01-12-2013

Atma's Impaler has been underappreciated ever since it got nerfed in S2, it's still a very good item if you need armor and want more AD (which most bruisers do).

Neizzle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2013

Even after it's nerf, it's stats are over 10% efficient at the champion average base hp at level 18 (1983hp). It starts to get amazing at 2,500hp, and only stronger if the unit has purchased an IE. Therefore, frozen mallet, atmas, IE, is an excellent offensive bruiser combo.

I think it's fine where it is.