Would you mind if the next champion had no lore at all?

Yes, that sucks. A great story draws me to games. 2,583 76.44%
No, it's stupid. I'm not playing this MOBA for the story. 796 23.56%
Voters: 3379. You may not vote on this poll

[COMMUNITY POLL] If the next champion was released without lore, would you care?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asylum Lux

01-11-2013

IMHO, Orianna's judgement makes up more than half of her character, and character was a large part of why I bought her.

Birdy51

01-11-2013

I probably wouldn't have been nearly as interested in the game for so long if it weren't for the lore. Some can argue that a game like this doesn't need a story, but honestly if the characters didn't have lore, they would be lacking... well character.

It's what gives them any sense of being alive. Hell, I played Urgot because I loved his lore. There is an overall sense of sadness that pervades his story. A man, killed at the height of career, returns with a vengeance as an obscene test subject, reviled even by those in Noxus. It's tragic, but somehow awesome. You don't get that kind of story by just looking at him in-game.

TouchMePlease666

01-11-2013

Truly, the quality of the Lore for League of Legends champions, as well as the world of Runeterra as a whole, has diminished significantly, and for obvious reasons. The game has become insanely popular, and the emphasis now is creating new champs and improving game mechanics so that it stays that way. I can't blame Riot for there decisions, but if I were a game designer, I know it would hurt me a LOT to let their precious characters' backgrounds get watered down. I hope they find the time to improve the lore situation, it would do them, and a great many fans I think, a lot of good.

Arcane Azmadi

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidBlank View Post
I love how Iron Stylus just says something vague and we all get excited again...
Speak for yourself. That pointless, meaningless vagueness just made me as mad as hell.

Alphonsio

01-11-2013

Bumpity. I do like the lore and I'd very much like to see it both continued and expanded.

MightyLlama

01-12-2013

biased poll as it is in the lore section

Kunami Mata

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSoulPunisher View Post
Stop beating around the bush, Parrot >=(
Well, a bird in the bush...

NecroticBinder

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyLlama View Post
It's not really that biased given that the mods moved it here. I promise you. There aren't that many people here who would actually vote. Sadly.

Birdy51

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyLlama View Post
Actually, I've watched the poll for a little while now. It's staying steady about the same relative ratio, so I am not certain if it matters where the poll is held.

Deathjim

01-17-2013

bump