Would you mind if the next champion had no lore at all?

Yes, that sucks. A great story draws me to games. 2,583 76.44%
No, it's stupid. I'm not playing this MOBA for the story. 796 23.56%
Voters: 3379. You may not vote on this poll

[COMMUNITY POLL] If the next champion was released without lore, would you care?

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 19
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ergheis

01-08-2013

Poll coming up!

Over the course of a year, we've seen a dramatic decline in the lore. They say they are testing new directions, but they also say they haven't settled on anything yet.

Meanwhile, the JoJ has been removed, lore is getting dumbed down, the AMAs have stopped, and they have stopped responding to the lore forums entirely. Heck, they've stopped even trying to explain why champions join anymore.

The only thing we HAVE gotten is some interesting content on champions like Vi or Diana, and some neat relationships between champs like Nami and Diana, Vi and Cait. Then there is the "Shadow Isles" event, which even added shrine quotes, but that disappeared rather quickly and retconned alot of their champs. Hopefully Thresh will kick it up.

Riot has made it quite clear that lore is not their #1 priority now. They only notice when they piss off the entire Lux community, or the Viktor community, other equally annoying things.

So I ask you, do you care? If Riot just said "screw it, the story is over, we don't care." Would you be bothered by it? Currently, they believe it is not worth the effort to coordinate the game with any lore. Do you find this true?

I'm going to post this in the other regions too. Please bump this thread if you vote.

Destaice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

I wouldn't care not because I don't like Lore, but RIOT seems to have completely forgotten how to write it.

Kingbiskit

01-08-2013

I miss the Judgements, JoJs, it was all so gooooooooooooooooooooooood D: i want moar story.

Purellow

01-08-2013

I dont think its stupid, but honestly i wouldnt care

Heid57

01-08-2013

i honestly dont care about the lore ****
but a lot of people do and why would they stop doing it?
i have nothing against it

CupcakeRaptorr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

no the lore is stupid at this point all the stupid cliches reused.

-so and so was raised in a nice family
-noxus attacked and killed their mother and father!
- so and so sweared revenge and and picked up a blade and decided to join league
- also they have a relationship with this champ!

repeat

Magicapples

01-08-2013

i don't like your voting options.
story is not stupid.

but would i care? probably not. I did originally, but the story was so thin, i stopped paying attention

Olek Skilgannon

01-08-2013

I don't think it's stupid. I just don't care.

Usually I would read the lore AFTER playing a champion and thoroughly enjoying them. At that point I'd be like "Damn X champion is pretty damn cool. I wonder what their story is."

aBitUnfortunate

01-08-2013

Both of the options are pretty extreme...

I honestly wouldn't care much if lore wasn't included with the next champion, but it wouldn't make sense to have 100+ champions with lore, and then just random champions in the league. I'm not a huge fan of lore, but I know some people are, and it'd be a stupid decision by Riot if they decided to not include it.

MrHedge64

01-08-2013

I would care. Riot has butchered the lore since it wasn't making them money, might as well put it out of its misery.

1234511 ... 19