Thresh's passive and Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

David12596

01-08-2013

I am really looking forward to getting Thresh on his release, but I have one big concern with him. Will Thresh passive have problems on Dominion collecting souls? Seeing that he has no Mr/Armor scaling per level and the faster leveling nature of Dom, I feel unless he gets a good amount of souls early to mid game he will fall off hard. Am I the only one that sees this as problematic?

Rapid99

01-08-2013

Like I mentioned in the other Thresh thread, it's not like Thresh has to do particularly well to take advantage of his passive, he just needs to be somewhat close to where things are dying and go pick up the orbs that are lying around.

The worst I could see this doing is make Thresh want to be near the minion wave as it pushes towards the enemy point so he can take advantage of the minions dropped souls, but even then pushing the lane can often be a good thing - just not ALL the time.

It also seems like the amount of Armor + MR you can per orb may go up as the game goes on so souls mid-late game may be worth more and as such could make up a potentially bad early game. Don't quote me on that though, nothing's certain at the moment.

David12596

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid99 View Post
Like I mentioned in the other Thresh thread, it's not like Thresh has to do particularly well to take advantage of his passive, he just needs to be somewhat close to where things are dying and go pick up the orbs that are lying around.

The worst I could see this doing is make Thresh want to be near the minion wave as it pushes towards the enemy point so he can take advantage of the minions dropped souls, but even then pushing the lane can often be a good thing - just not ALL the time.

It also seems like the amount of Armor + MR you can per orb may go up as the game goes on so souls mid-late game may be worth more and as such could make up a potentially bad early game. Don't quote me on that though, nothing's certain at the moment.
The value of MR/Armor/AP you get goes down rather then up as you collect more souls. At least that is what it did when i was playing him. This is most likely to prevent snowballing out of control.

Also Staying near a minion wave and pushing it is not a good idea at all most of the time. Usually you should be in the jungle with your team either looking for chances to gank or trying to pick off a isolated enemy.

Rapid99

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by David12596 View Post
The value of MR/Armor/AP you get goes down rather then up as you collect more souls. At least that is what it did when i was playing him. This is most likely to prevent snowballing out of control.

Also Staying near a minion wave and pushing it is not a good idea at all most of the time. Usually you should be in the jungle with your team either looking for chances to gank or trying to pick off a isolated enemy.
I see, the diminishing returns on the skill would be something to keep an eye on then, I guess we'll see how the final numbers turn out. Still, picking up bonus stats from unit death is still a far sight more manageable on dominion than a last hit mechanic like Veigar or Nasus.

And I wasn't trying to suggest that pushing with the minions was an effective strategy, I just wanted to remind people that bringing the creeps up is not always a bad idea and in the times it's the right thing to do - free stats for Thresh.

I sometimes feel like people get angry at others for pushing up a wave for pressure on the turret all the time rather than just when it's a waste of time. Plenty of shortsighted players flaming and raging each other because one of them was near the minion wave while someone face-checked 3-4 enemy players alone.

Again, I'm not condoning being near the minions at all, but it does exist as a potential source of souls, it's not like Thresh's team has to completely slaughter countless enemies for him to bolster his passive at all.

David12596

01-09-2013

Well i just heard the soul drop wait will be faster in Dom, so that solves that..hopefully.