Thresh, Play Style Theories

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boosen

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGio View Post
quick question, do souls have a limit? like can you keep on getting souls like stacks on nasus' q? or can you only get 200ish? and thanks for the extra bit on his moves! I didnt know about the qe combo lol.
I'm not sure, never got that late into game. and getting 200 souls is like REALLY LATE in game about 50min but I'll see if I can tell you later.

Deepfriedspam

01-18-2013

Quote:
quick question, do souls have a limit? like can you keep on getting souls like stacks on nasus' q? or can you only get 200ish? and thanks for the extra bit on his moves! I didnt know about the qe combo lol.
At one point it was capped at 255 souls, but last patch removed that limit to something nigh impossible to get, like 99999 souls or something, so in theory he just keeps scaling up.

ViashinoWizard

01-18-2013

Quote:
secondly, I feel that once Thresh farms enough and gets enough ad, wouldn't his Q passive do a lot of damage? "Thresh's basic attacks deal bonus magic damage on each hit. This value is equal to the total number of souls collected plus a percentage of his attack damage, based on the amount of time since his last attack. BONUS MAGIC DAMAGE: Souls + up to 80 / 110 / 140 / 170 / 200% AD" . This was the reason why I though Hurricane Thresh would work, since farming would give you souls.
Both his aa range and base AS are low.

Also, the AD ratio on Death Sentence's passive starts at 0% and ramps up to the maximum while Thresh isn't attacking. Only the damage from his collected souls applies on every hit.

Armageddal

01-19-2013

I think he looks great as a support, but this tanky Urgot-style build intrigues me. There are other AD carries who scale entirely off AP (I'm looking at you Tristana), and who do fine just with auto-attacks. His range is weak, like Urgot's, but Urgot does have his Q for huge range. Thresh's abilities tend to put him in danger (a channeled pull and a lantern that he can't jump to himself), which the exception of his helpful E and R. Granted, his Q's passive looks amazing for deal heavy damage, but I'm not sure how long he has to wait in between attacks in order to gain the 200% AD bonus. With high attack speed, that bonus won't do that much. It's a poking tool. Riot also did a good job of disabling his AP potential by making his base ability damage low, his ratios mediocre, and his ultimate can only be triggered for substantial damage once. Still, an AP build might work if souls are easy enough to gather.

Personally, I think he could work nicely in the jungle. I'm not sure, but I think the main jungle camp monsters will always drop a soul, giving him a nice way to get a lot of souls. He has a huge amount of CC and he can teleport an ally to him, bringing them in range for the gank. Ganking allows him to make great use of his Q passive, since it will be at maximum damage by the time he ganks. I think I would build him as a tanky jungler with a bit of AD, allowing my souls to give me massive armour and substantial AP for my abilities. The issue with jungling as Thresh then becomes his early jungle, since he starts with such low armour. Jungling runes and heavily defensive masteries would be a must, along with a hard leash on your first buff. I'd probably start with cloth armour and five potions too.