Remove the score system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Remove personal KDA and tower caps completely.

Kills will simply be announced as "An enemy has been slain" and "A teammate has been slain". You won't even hear "You have slain an enemy" anymore. There will only be a counter for total team kills per team.

Tower captures contribute to a team tally, not individually.

Personal score is gone. There is no need for it in this game-type.

wingstreet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

**** that. i would much rather have the score system then a bunch of kda *****s.

HaIfhearted

01-30-2013

I've been an advocate for removing the scoring system for a very long while now.

I have never seen it do anything useful for the game, only teach inexperienced and newer players bad habits, and gives them an excuse to justify poor play and/or decision-making.

baleofvale

02-01-2013

Who cares ?

Really.. It doesn't relate to anything tangible, so I just ignore it. Over time, players who care about it at the expense of winning end up in low elo. The players who win the game more often end up in high elo.

Soo ..... lets see. oh yea, who cares ?

Shaboinker

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by baleofvale View Post
Who cares ?

Really.. It doesn't relate to anything tangible, so I just ignore it. Over time, players who care about it at the expense of winning end up in low elo. The players who win the game more often end up in high elo.

Soo ..... lets see. oh yea, who cares ?
This is a good attitude but at the same time why have something that serves no purpose?

wingstreet

02-01-2013

i really can't see how removing the system helps. then you have a bunch of monkies running around trying to get kills. why not just improve the system? i like the score system... it keeps newer players away from just chasing kills all game.