Remove the score system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Slime Appears View Post
You know, I really think people do it because it seems to cap the tower faster. Or they don't know better. I really doubt there is a legion of players out there going "herpderp need a higher score". They exist, mind you, I just don't feel score is the reason most people do it. Also, it could be gold. Every person who is around it when it neutrals/capped gets gold.

gold and increase cap speed

ive asked alot of ppl in games why they cap when there is already someone capping
most players sad: "because it makes capping go faster noob" . they don't even know about the gold

Swampmajikk

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catnium View Post
gold and increase cap speed

ive asked alot of ppl in games why they cap when there is already someone capping
most players sad: "because it makes capping go faster noob" . they don't even know about the gold
pretty sure it is exclusively cap speed. most people know everyone gets the gold.

FDru

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampmajikk View Post
They could just change the score to involve the only thing that matters which people seem to not understand...
capturing turrets.

lets all fight near the storm sheilds and let teemo or evelynn take all our points. herp a derp indeed...
Capturing turrets isn't important at all, and one of the biggest problems with the score system is how overvalued captures and neutralizes are. Trying to cap/neut at bad times is no better than multicapping for no reason or sitting on a turret doing nothing. Unfortunately the score system encourages all of those.

Swampmajikk

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Capturing turrets isn't important at all, and one of the biggest problems with the score system is how overvalued captures and neutralizes are. Trying to cap/neut at bad times is no better than multicapping for no reason or sitting on a turret doing nothing. Unfortunately the score system encourages all of those.
at all?
its the only way you can win.
yes people need to know the correct timing on capping and neutralizing points but it still boils down to the fact that the team with the most turrets longest wins. No other method of doing things will win the game more effectively..
how you go about doing that is another thing.

Edit: Ok I think I see what you're saying. Like when you just won top and everyone is like "ON TO THE DRILL" and they get stomped and lose top again... I guess the most important thing is DEFENDING turrets in the end...I feel like the score for that should be higher.
All in all dominion takes fast decision making and smarts and no one really seems to have that down...

Edit 2: How is this getting downvoted? Did the rules change or something?
Dominion is about CAPTURING and DEFENDING TURRETS.
If theres something else that gives your team more points please tell me because I'd love to know

Swampmajikk

01-09-2013

another part of the flawed score system is that the bot lane player no matter how good they are for the team will always have the lowest score...
it doesn't really matter but people will still be like "ur in last place noob what do u know" even tho u held off 3 of the opposing teams champs from ur bot turret while they took top...
the score really doesn't reflect the value of the players on the team.
maybe it is best if it is just removed.

Arial

01-09-2013

At the very least please give -points for kamikaze dive bombing a turret that is occupied by 2 or more

Khariel

01-09-2013

It's all about being a team player or not. If you care about winning as a team, the score system doesn't matter at all.
Can't do much about newbies, they will always be around.

About bot lane, yeah, few people see through the low score and actually recognize their importance of taking pressure off windmill when the lane is successfully carried.

KaWraith

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampmajikk View Post
another part of the flawed score system is that the bot lane player no matter how good they are for the team will always have the lowest score...
it doesn't really matter but people will still be like "ur in last place noob what do u know" even tho u held off 3 of the opposing teams champs from ur bot turret while they took top...
the score really doesn't reflect the value of the players on the team.
maybe it is best if it is just removed.
actually, this isn't always true. If you are bot and constantly lose and retake your turret, you can end up with a very high score, even though you are basically throwing the game for your team.
Rarely, the bot lane player will dominate bot and take the enemy turret repeatedly and get a high score as well.
However, in a paradigm evenly matched game, both bot lane champs would be 0/0/0 and no caps. Thus making the scoring system totally useless.
Dominion definitely needs a tutorial, and I think Fdru makes an excellent point: point captures being worth so many points is a large part of the issue. you should get far more points for defending a point, or being martyr'd, or even defending the area around a speed shrine./capturing the stormshield.
I'm still hoping that a big update/relaunch package for dominion is forthcoming, maybe in season 4.

OxBaker

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpEcImEn128 View Post
Please remove the score system, it makes player do bad decisions to increase their score.
This is not entirely accurate because you're making the assumption that the win is more important than the score. RIOT's never identified that as being the case so who's to say that it's wrong to focus on getting the best score as the end goal of the game?

I think rather than removing the score, they should have the win add a certain number of points to your score so for those who are focusing on getting the highest score possible, it will motivate them to ensure that they also do what they need to in order for their team to win.

Radical Penguin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpEcImEn128 View Post
it makes player do bad decisions to increase their score.
I agree with this but I don't think they should remove the whole system. Maybe just make some changes. Maybe increase the amount of points for a kill or diminishing returns for points captured by the same player.

These would atleast help my two biggest pet peeves. My first, seeing the champ that is 1/8/1 in bot lane in first place because they recap the tower the lose over and over. The second is being 8/1/8 in last place because it's a better idea for me to back instead of staying to cap.