Could we get the Force of Nature back?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Master Spamwise

01-08-2013

Or some other high-resistance MR item? There's really no good replacement for it in the new equipment lists.

---------------------------------------------
Read http://hardhobbittobreak.com
Webcomics served three times a week, and sometimes about LOL!

The Fizznity

01-08-2013

MR+health serves just as well, or better. Spirit visage really is a good choice if all you're looking for is health and have some way to make use of the passive (even if thats just through lifesteal). Or Bulwark which is hella bulk for one slot.

Also, -1 just for the unrelated ad

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

runic bulwark

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

Force of Nature sucks. It gave 1k of great MR, but otherwise a few hundred gold of movespeed and a TON of health regen which is not all that useful in dominion. It wasnt cost effective.

There are great options right now:

a) Spirit Visage. 50MR now, along with health, CDR. At a decent price.

b) Odins Veil - 50MR and the 10% reduction which is equivalent to 21 MR if you already have 100MR. The mana isnt so useful but the health is solid and the Nuke isnt awful. very underrated.

c) Runic Bulwark - nuff said. Great in dominion. 60MR with 30 of it shared, plus armor and health. Decently cost effective.

d) Hexdrinker for AD guys, Wits End for AS (though its starting to suck due to nerfs)

e) Athenes for AP guys, though chalice isnt all that great.

f) Abyssal Scepter for AP guys. Very solid still.

Damieh

01-08-2013

FoN didn't suck. Some champs had it in core build. Ad malz was one of them

MyDeadGrandma

01-08-2013

Build FoN+Odyn's on your bot lane tanky derps. Congratulations, you locked out every AP from botlane.

Arcades79

01-08-2013

The move speed was great too, no replacement for that on an MR/Health item.

Master Spamwise

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
Force of Nature sucks. It gave 1k of great MR, but otherwise a few hundred gold of movespeed and a TON of health regen which is not all that useful in dominion. It wasnt cost effective.

There are great options right now:

a) Spirit Visage. 50MR now, along with health, CDR. At a decent price.

b) Odins Veil - 50MR and the 10% reduction which is equivalent to 21 MR if you already have 100MR. The mana isnt so useful but the health is solid and the Nuke isnt awful. very underrated.

c) Runic Bulwark - nuff said. Great in dominion. 60MR with 30 of it shared, plus armor and health. Decently cost effective.

d) Hexdrinker for AD guys, Wits End for AS (though its starting to suck due to nerfs)

e) Athenes for AP guys, though chalice isnt all that great.

f) Abyssal Scepter for AP guys. Very solid still.
Yeah, when I have to get MR now, I do the Abyssal. But sometimes Teemo isn't available and I want a pure tank... The FoN was beautiful -- Bulwark is what I'm using now. It's just not as beefy as I'd like. I feel like the OP-AP champs can rape at will now without it.

Phourc

01-08-2013

Force of nature was real nice for bottom lane - the sustain replacement was *supposed* to be spirit visage.

I think Xyph said they're going to re-look at that at some point, as for some bizarre reason increasing your hp/5 by 20% doesn't really give you jack for sustain xP

Rapid99

01-08-2013

While FoN was core on some champs and fit into a few specific builds, I'm mostly feeling these days that it's a case of "nobody wanted to use it until it was removed". Even with the builds that it suited I'm comfortable saying that I really didn't see FoN all that much pre S3 item changes.

Part of the problem is that Magic Resistance as a stat became weaker due to the Penetration changes and it's making all the existing items seem worse. I'd guarantee you if FoN was still around it would not be shutting down Magic Damage like it was S2.

There's also the whole stigma of early MR feelings useless because 100% of AP's these days stack Sorcerers Shoes + Haunting Guise very early, so it's hard to feel like your MR is really doing its intended job until you build a decent amount of it. Don't doubt it though, run around one match with even something rudimentary like Merc Treads + Hexdrinker and then don't buy them next match, you'll notice the difference.

As for alternatives to bolster your MR?

Like mentioned above, try Odyn's Veil, Runic Bulwark, Abyssal etc. a couple of the bigger MR items should make you decently more survivable, just try to make sure to balance your MR purchases with HP as well. HP has become a lot stronger as a defensive stat and even though BFT burns off of max health, MR + HP in conjunction with one-another is still the best way to ensure you can take some hits from both burst and sustained Magic Damage.