Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I'm looking for tips on Orianna

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aitheon

01-08-2013

So I've recently started to take an interest in Ori. Problem I have is that I rarely get to have a good amount of play time with her in mid against players as I normally load into champ select later than most and the inevitable "mid plz" call is usually beating me to the punch.

I've since been playing her as support lately just to try and get some game time with her. Been doing well, but I'm sure I could be doing much better.

Anyone have tips or things that didn't learn about Ori till after many games played? Build order, etc?

Much appreciated.

Cinchspark

01-08-2013

Smart cast every spell.
Always get Chalice (unless you can manage with correct runes)
Regen runes may actually help more than Chalice (not scaling)
Level W first, then Q. Shield isn't worth it to max first, but get a point in level 4.

Build:

Faerie Charm + Pots/Ward
Buy Chalice, THEN Sorcerer's. (I always get Homeguard early)
Rush Rabadon's, get Needlessly Large Rod first
Finish Athene's Unholy Grail.
Void Staff
Liandry's, Rylai's, Abysmal Scepter, Zhonya's.

Start harassing at level 2 only. Also harass with auto attacks more.
After getting Chalice, poke them down with Q-W.
You can push to turret and zone with ball. Can usually block part of a turret shot with E .
You can often kill them with full combo + ignite + ultimate + AA.

Remember to use E-W combo for allies, Q-R-W to escape.
Use Q-W to farm.

Aitheon

01-08-2013

thanks.

is your item suggestion of Faerie Charm + Pots/Ward related to playing as support only? Or mid also?

AskKarthus

01-08-2013

What the other poster said is valid, however I prefer to max Q first, it makes poking in lane easier, and helps you win more trades.

Mayback

01-08-2013

Yes level Q first. Like he said better poke and I think faster cool down? ( correct me if I'm wrong)
If you dont have top tier runes try using clarity instead of ignite. It sounds nooby but you can spam abilities for harass and farm a lot more.
In team fights throw protect onto the initiator. For one its a shield and 2 you can ult the enemies right into him all while staying out of the way.
Protect your assassins and then W for them for the speed when they're casing down an enemy.
If the ball is behind you, protect to yourself and then Q as it will send quicker than the Q from far away.
When going for the kill I sequence my attack with Q, ult, W, E, Q, auto attacks, and then another Q.
When poking send the ball past them and E back to you as it will do damage when returning.
Some may be obvious but hope I helped.

yugdaBretsiM

01-08-2013

Best advice I can give is learn to properly utilize your E, especially if you intend to play support Ori. At mid, he E can make a lot of bad trades favorable for you, and as support, it can really save your carry's keishter if he overextends. It can also make or break teamfights, in initiating, and in getting out if things go south.

In either case, I agree with the above poster on maxing Q first. The harass is just too great not too. Just make sure your harass isn't stealing your lane-mate's CS.