Case review I still disagree with

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcxk

01-08-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/6114914/

Can someone provide a little more insight as to why this guy was pardoned? I've seen people punished for much less.

"gg noobs"
"gg ****"
"gay ******s"
asking for reports

I am utterly confused. This guy is an exemplar of poor sportsmanship

rain Spring

01-08-2013

your pathetic. he said GAY get over it

170 Calories

01-08-2013

I wouldnt have pardoned he is toxic

Resets R Us

01-08-2013

Becaus they probably were noobs? I dont punish people for language unless it's extremely harsh and continuous.

Zaresin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

Look at this bubba. This should at least make you feel a little better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
3) This player should have been banned, but he was pardoned. The Tribunal is broken!
a) The Tribunal was inspired by 'crowdsourcing' research. When I was still a student, I worked with labs that developed games such as "Foldit" that took advantage of crowdsourcing to find solutions to extremely tricky tasks--when you read this research you truly appreciate how accurate crowdsourcing systems can be. In fact, the Tribunal is far more accurate than traditional Player Support.

However, the Tribunal isn't perfect. The design is based on statistical probability and random sampling and every system like this has outliers. This means that sometimes, a player has an egregious Tribunal case but is still pardoned because he happened to get a lenient set of voters; however, if the player is truly toxic, he actually is re-sent back to the Tribunal in a handful of games and is usually accurately punished in his second visit to the Tribunal.

Because the Tribunal is designed to identify frequency and consistency of toxic behavior, this is why it doesn't take into account the severity of the offense. If a player is extremely toxic he will quickly get banned multiple times by the Tribunal until he is permabanned; in fact, extremely toxic players end up permabanned significantly faster than players who are 'less severe.' In the future, we may want to brainstorm ways to improve on the Tribunal so that it does take into account severity and adjusts punishments accordingly... but we're not there yet.

Resets R Us

01-08-2013

I strongly agree with the second post. People need to seriously geow up. You can curse people out like no tommorow on wow and you never get punished. It's called freedok. If they aresucking im gonna tell them they are

Zaresin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfinRider View Post
I strongly agree with the second post. People need to seriously geow up. You can curse people out like no tommorow on wow and you never get punished. It's called freedok. If they aresucking im gonna tell them they are
Which explains your recent ban ;-)

Knight of Mars

01-08-2013

Quote:
So, because it's accepted/tolerated in other games, it should be in LoL as well?

Exploding Barrel

01-08-2013

Quote:
If this "freedok" you speak of means getting cursed out constantly during my leisure activity, I want nothing to do with it.