Force of Nature and Magic Resist Items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ROOOOOAST

01-15-2013

LOL I NEVER. SAW LESS AP THEN IN S3.

Black cleaver has changed the meta.....

U still got some reasonable MR item

1) merc, no need to explain
2) bulwark, giving 30 mr to every1 in ur team is HUGE
3) for an anti burst mage item, get a banshee!!!
4) for tanks without mana, get a spirit visage
5) for ad champ, who are dmg focus, but dont like ap mage burst, get a maw
6) for tank who benfict more from AS then other thing ( aka irelia, cho, shen ww) build a wits end
7) for mage who need def but still need ofence get a abyssal
8) if ur a mana hungry mid, who wants to not die to the enemy mid, get an athene
9) for adc who complain about mage and all that CC ****, get a qss/scimitar
10) on ap support (zyra, nami, lux, lulu) get teins shadow

And if you dont find an item for a specific champ, respond to this post, ill tell u.

And dont forget, a lot of hp combined with some mr is the best counter if u face 2 burst mage

H0p0nP0p

01-15-2013

Great... Another fon thread...

Go grab a banshee veil or a bulwark... 2 bulwark holders get both the aura buff. Which is a total of 90 mr and tons of regen and hp.

How it works? Was explained by Autocthon that... Its a pole and flag thing. Person 1 wields a Bulwark and gets stats and pole buff, but not flag buff, his allies get only flag buff. But once person 2 picks up a bulwark, Person 1 gets person 2's flag buff.

tdub2217

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakaydos View Post
Warmog, Spirit Visage, and Runic Bulwark. The SV's heal bonus applies to the warmog's HP5
it doesnt help when they burst too hard, we need new magic resist items or buffs to the magic resist items we have?

Onisake

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdub2217 View Post
it doesnt help when they burst too hard, we need new magic resist items or buffs to the magic resist items we have?
we really really don't. the itemization to defend against burst is already ridiculous.

you really need two thigns to defend against AP casters. MR and HP.

playing a bruiser? build a Maw and BV. more than likely you're also building a frozen mallet and/or warmogs. so between those almost no burster can touch you. (cass is the only exception due to her sustained damage from twinfang)

Playing an AP caster? RoA+Rylai+BV.

playing a tank/support? runic, BV, and then pretty much anything with HP (shurelia, zeke's, etc.) most supports are AP. so Rylai+Runic+MR runes is generally enough to keep you health in team fights from magic damage.

TL;DR: we have a healthy number of options to defend against magic damage. we don't need more. if you dont' know what to build, build BV and a giants belt. these two items work on all champs. giants belt will build into something useful for any champion. even if you're manaless/energy BV's passive, and the fact it gives HP and MR, make it worth the investment.

juslikejesus

01-16-2013

Yeah i agree with a lot of points in this thread, and I really do thing they need to give an item that is purely focused on stopping AP casters with HUGE burst. All the items right now DO give MR, but they are always for a specific reason or filling a specific niche. Banshees veil is really not that cost effective to get early game, and i hate stacking hp I think it at the moment it way better to just get solid armor/mr.

There needs to be an MR item that you dont get because the other team is a little ap heavy and it fits nicely on your champ, there needs to be an ap item that you get because you're like "okay, this xxx is fed and i just need to stop MR damage from destroying me."

Demon Seoul

01-16-2013

B-b-b-b-banshee's veil op. 25 sec cd? (Without being hit by an enemy champ) it seems like the best choice, you get hp, mana, mr, and a spellshield, counters lb by far (at least neutralizes her Q in her QQ combo)

Hitsuguya42

01-16-2013

BV is underwhelming if you don't use mana. You waste a lot of gold on stats you can't use. You could go QSS but you mainly do that for the active. It only has MR and nothing else to help you like health or regen or cdr. I will have to give spirit visage a try. I will admit I haven't used it much. I mainly steer away from it because most of the champs I play don't have heals.

Hitsuguya42

01-16-2013

I mostly miss the move speed and tankyness that FoN provided. I think if we were to get that filled that niche (maybe not specifically for MR) it would help. A tanky speed increase item is what we need to fill the gap. I don't think Shurelya's Reverie does it. It's great but its tailored more for supports.

ROOOOOAST

01-16-2013

Well, for MS, you can still enchant your boot early, getting furor or alacricity depending ur champ.

The Low 0ne

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtr Krr View Post
When I tank against an ap heavy team I find myself wondering what item to get. I miss my Force of Nature.
For my tank build, I used to get Warmog's Armor then Force of Nature, big mr, huge hp regen, and great hp... Now Warmog's and FoN were nerfed / removed T-T I dont know what to do anymore..