Force of Nature and Magic Resist Items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fiona Fire

01-08-2013

WITH the preseason started and Force of Nature removed what other alternatives can be used to defend against the high ap burst dmg champions like akali, ahri, katarina, and leblanc? Due to the high majority of ap users and CC those ap users have, can we expect to have more magic resist items place later in game to counteract the high magic dmg? Also I would like to ask if riot would be planning on placing crit dmg on magic dmg? I find that magic resist has been useless since the start of preseason.

Darthbob131

01-08-2013

You're right, because right now it's AP burst mages that are completely dominating the metagame. I've never seen more burst mages mid than season 3!

buneter

01-08-2013

I find a spirit visiage helps alot espically if I have a heal move and not sure if it stacks with lifesteal but if it does then it shouldnt be a problem

pengwndude

01-09-2013

if you don't have a heal though, it feels like a waste
mikael's is good, as it also has quicksilver's active, but if you don't have mana, it also feels like a waste...

vtr Krr

01-09-2013

When I tank against an ap heavy team I find myself wondering what item to get. I miss my Force of Nature.

Rakaydos

01-09-2013

Warmog, Spirit Visage, and Runic Bulwark. The SV's heal bonus applies to the warmog's HP5

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2013

u get warmog/spirit visage instead of warmog/FON it ends up being cheaper and more efficient plus u get cdr to boot. FON was always an end game item to compliment warmogs anyways and pretty useless by itself.

67chrome

01-15-2013

You mean new MR items like Twin Shadows, Mukael's Crucible, Mercurial Scimitar, and Runic Bulwark?

Also, Banshee's Veil has always been good against high single-target burst like that of LeBlanc. As long as you can avoid getting hit every 25 seconds you're not going to get killed by them, and they generally all need to wait for the CD of whatever they used to pop it to nuke you. Runic Bulwark is better against AoE based mages (pretty much every AP carry), considering it offers a rather sizable chunk of MR in an AoE.

Vinterheim

01-15-2013

i miss Force of Nature for the combined MR and MS :c

DarkenDragon

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chrome View Post
You mean new MR items like Twin Shadows, Mukael's Crucible, Mercurial Scimitar, and Runic Bulwark?

Also, Banshee's Veil has always been good against high single-target burst like that of LeBlanc. As long as you can avoid getting hit every 25 seconds you're not going to get killed by them, and they generally all need to wait for the CD of whatever they used to pop it to nuke you. Runic Bulwark is better against AoE based mages (pretty much every AP carry), considering it offers a rather sizable chunk of MR in an AoE.
pretty much just that, fon wasnt the best choice for every ap caster anyways, some of the other MR items were a better choice. like wit's end or Maw of Malmortius on melee/ad champions.

FON was more of an anti-dot/heavy hp item. gotta look at all the MR items and see what fits best in the current situation