I will never write again!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

scriptkiddylol

01-08-2013

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/tribu...e/629077/#nogo

first game: 0/7/3 vayne feeds and i get the report?
i definitly know what happend here. we got 2 adc because one of us didnt want to support.
in 25 minutes vayne fed 7 times while i tried my best not to feed. after asking him why he feeds he answers with " " and he is the one who reported me.

second game: evelyn trolls hard and i am the one who gets reported?
lee and eve fight each other, i ask them to play because the game wasn't lost at that point. why do i get a tribunal here?

thrid game: fizz and sejuani having a fight and i ask sejuani not to throw! i am not even insulting anyone and yet i get a report! FOR NO REASON WOW

forth game: me and my support having a fight because she doesnt ward the lane brush. i tell her to ward otherwise i will die if i try to cs. (which i did ofcourse, i also died couple o times). my sup gets mad at me and takes the farm from the carry. the situation totally escaleted no one gave in. my sup didnt ward at all and we lost. thats a typical low ranked elo game.

fifth game: again a fight between me and the sup. i guess we died while trying to make some big plays. and they reported me for my items. i mean why? i think that was the best choice at that time to play with stack items because i got fed. i wanted to snowball harder.

i totaly dont deserve this tribunal ban.

and because of that I will never write in LoL again. you cant argue with the people. they take it as flame. you cant motivate people because they dont care.

can you guys help me out? someone please. just how should i react and how should i answer properly because i dont want any bans anymore.

PenguinKillBear

01-08-2013

you should post this on EU forums. We do not judge your cases here and cannot speak for the tribunal members on that side.

Zaresin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

Refer to this as it will cover everything that happened to you. It really is quite handy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Lately, I've been receiving a lot of e-mails about the same questions and complaints about the Tribunal. I'm working with WookieCookie, RiotSeb and statuskwoh to add these to the Tribunal FAQs but we would love to discuss them here first.

1) What's the point of having a language filter if I can get banned for 'adult' language?
a) We aren't out to punish players who use adult language; in fact, very few players are ever banned for saying stuff like "f***, I missed that skill shot" or "damn, f***ing close game!" However, the language filter is not an excuse to verbally abuse someone in the game. When you verbally abuse or harass someone by calling them "f***ing ******" or "n*gger noob", that's when you've crossed the line and will be punished by the Tribunal. I've said this before and I'll say it again, we aren't trying to clean online games of adult language; we're trying to reform or get rid of jerks who like to verbally abuse and harass other players.

2) I only have 1 bad game in my Tribunal Reform Card, why am I banned???
a) The Tribunal verdict is not based on a 'majority' rule; there is also no requirement that all games have to be toxic for it to warrant a suspension. Depending on the case, sometimes 1 game is all that is needed to show that the player deserves a suspension. To Tribunal reviewers, decisions like these are up to you. When you view a Tribunal case, the questions you should ask yourselves are, "Is this player's behavior appropriate in League of Legends?" and "Would I want to play with this player?"

3) This player should have been banned, but he was pardoned. The Tribunal is broken!
a) The Tribunal was inspired by 'crowdsourcing' research. When I was still a student, I worked with labs that developed games such as "Foldit" that took advantage of crowdsourcing to find solutions to extremely tricky tasks--when you read this research you truly appreciate how accurate crowdsourcing systems can be. In fact, the Tribunal is far more accurate than traditional Player Support.

However, the Tribunal isn't perfect. The design is based on statistical probability and random sampling and every system like this has outliers. This means that sometimes, a player has an egregious Tribunal case but is still pardoned because he happened to get a lenient set of voters; however, if the player is truly toxic, he actually is re-sent back to the Tribunal in a handful of games and is usually accurately punished in his second visit to the Tribunal.

Because the Tribunal is designed to identify frequency and consistency of toxic behavior, this is why it doesn't take into account the severity of the offense. If a player is extremely toxic he will quickly get banned multiple times by the Tribunal until he is permabanned; in fact, extremely toxic players end up permabanned significantly faster than players who are 'less severe.' In the future, we may want to brainstorm ways to improve on the Tribunal so that it does take into account severity and adjusts punishments accordingly... but we're not there yet.

4) That player in my game was far worse than me. Why am I banned???
a) I'll keep this one simple: retaliation isn't OK. Reacting to a toxic player by being toxic just incites that player to be even worse--it also ruins the game for up to 8 other players. It is far, far worse to watch two people yelling at each other all game than it is to watch 1 player ranting into blank space. Almost everyone in the game can find someone out there that behaves worse than they do--but so what? Finding someone worse doesn't justify your behavior or justify retaliation. We expect more out of our players. What players often don't realize is... those other players in your game that you thought were worse? Nearly 100% of the time, those players were banned even before you were. If someone is being toxic, just report them and move on. If you retaliate, both of you will be banned. It's really that simple.

5) Low skill players should be banned from the game! The Tribunal should only ban Leavers/AFK and intentional feeders, those are the only types of players that really ruin games!
a) No. Just no. Jerks ruin games. League of Legends is for everyone whether they are 500 Elo or 2500 Elo. It's not a game for jerks.

gnfnrf

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptkiddylol View Post
http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/tribu...e/629077/#nogo

first game: 0/7/3 vayne feeds and i get the report?
i definitly know what happend here. we got 2 adc because one of us didnt want to support.
in 25 minutes vayne fed 7 times while i tried my best not to feed. after asking him why he feeds he answers with " " and he is the one who reported me.

second game: evelyn trolls hard and i am the one who gets reported?
lee and eve fight each other, i ask them to play because the game wasn't lost at that point. why do i get a tribunal here?

thrid game: fizz and sejuani having a fight and i ask sejuani not to throw! i am not even insulting anyone and yet i get a report! FOR NO REASON WOW

forth game: me and my support having a fight because she doesnt ward the lane brush. i tell her to ward otherwise i will die if i try to cs. (which i did ofcourse, i also died couple o times). my sup gets mad at me and takes the farm from the carry. the situation totally escaleted no one gave in. my sup didnt ward at all and we lost. thats a typical low ranked elo game.

fifth game: again a fight between me and the sup. i guess we died while trying to make some big plays. and they reported me for my items. i mean why? i think that was the best choice at that time to play with stack items because i got fed. i wanted to snowball harder.

i totaly dont deserve this tribunal ban.

and because of that I will never write in LoL again. you cant argue with the people. they take it as flame. you cant motivate people because they dont care.

can you guys help me out? someone please. just how should i react and how should i answer properly because i dont want any bans anymore.
OK.
Problem 1. We are NA players (mostly) and this is the EUW Tribunal. They think differently than we do.

That out of the way...

Problem 2. Stop thinking about other people who should be punished. You seem to think that they weren't. You don't know that. But right now, this conversation is about you.

Now...

Game 1: You had a failcomp, don't know how it happened. Vayne didn't play well, but your commentary didn't help. You didn't say anything constructive, and brought your team dispute into allchat. I didn't like this, but I would prefer to see a trend before punishing.

Game 2: I'm not fond of allchat "report x" messages, but you didn't have many other issues. I'm backing a bit further off of punish, but there are three games to go.

Game 3: Telling sej she's throwing without saying why or how to stop isn't very useful. OTOH, it may have been obvious to you from game context. Eh, this case is sort of coasting just under my punish threshold.

Game 4: OK, now you threaten to report your support for not brush warding at 4 minutes. And also your jungler for ... something. Not ganking enough, probably? Intentionally throwing the game? Oh and you want to report your support for pushing, too. You're using report threats to bully other players. That's punishable.

Game 5: You start with a strange ultimatum, then go straight back to issuing report threats. You lost the game, nobody allchatted to report you, and you picked up two enemy reports.

This case would be a punish for me.

How could you conduct yourself better? Don't threaten to report people. Don't point out to people what their score is (they know, I assure you). Don't tell people they are dying, or sucking, or doing something wrong without a clear, simple, and forward-centric solution to offer. Don't press them on it if they don't take the solution.

I'll try to give a series of examples on what I mean about communicating, from worst to best.

Very Bad: "omg Vayne you suck so hard I can think of something else for you to suck on."
Bad: "Vayne stop feeding"
Neutral: "Vayne stop pushing you keep feeding"
Good: "Vayne, if you don't push the creep wave up like that, you won't be vulnerable to ganks. Try farming under your tower until you can itemize better."

scriptkiddylol

01-08-2013

mmh yea sorry. i play on multiple accounts and somewhat my eu account gets punished. now i can see why because you guys give me more constructive critism than on the eu forum. people on eu are self centred.
i mean there are the same amount of trolls or toxic players but at least you can talk like a normal person on the us server.
eu.. total different story. people get mad at everything.

yea, pointing out scores doesnt help much but telling them "just farm" is not helping them either. eitherway i wont write ever again.
its not like they get suddenly better after asking them not to feed. people just dont care.

if they feed => idc
if they flame me because i am bad at gaming => i wont reply idc
if they throw => idc

thats the game mentality i will do for now. idc. i will play my own game.

(game 3: sejuani was throwing because she went in 4v5 everytime, the last engagement escalated in a total flame because she completly wiffed her ultimate -> resultung in an instant loss)

and game 4-5 i think the games where after i had series of losing streaks. i got mad. like real mad and i wanted to win. normally i am a calm person but if my team doesnt help me in winning idk why people even play ranked games.
in my old enviroment we used threats to encourage people to focus more.
whatever, i wont reply if the game starts.. ever!
(and thx for replying)

Zaresin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptkiddylol View Post
mmh yea sorry. i play on multiple accounts and somewhat my eu account gets punished. now i can see why because you guys give me more constructive critism than on the eu forum. people on eu are self centred.
i mean there are the same amount of trolls or toxic players but at least you can talk like a normal person on the us server.
eu.. total different story. people get mad at everything.

yea, pointing out scores doesnt help much but telling them "just farm" is not helping them either. eitherway i wont write ever again.
its not like they get suddenly better after asking them not to feed. people just dont care.

if they feed => idc
if they flame me because i am bad at gaming => i wont reply idc
if they throw => idc

thats the game mentality i will do for now. idc. i will play my own game.

(game 3: sejuani was throwing because she went in 4v5 everytime, the last engagement escalated in a total flame because she completly wiffed her ultimate -> resultung in an instant loss)

and game 4-5 i think the games where after i had series of losing streaks. i got mad. like real mad and i wanted to win. normally i am a calm person but if my team doesnt help me in winning idk why people even play ranked games.
in my old enviroment we used threats to encourage people to focus more.
whatever, i wont reply if the game starts.. ever!
(and thx for replying)
As long as you are polite and willing to listen to criticism and be receptive to it, you'll do fine here. Sucks about your ban but luckily we do have some pleasant people over here who are willing to shed some light on your issue.

i will teemo

01-08-2013

the people who actually defend the 'punish' here are the same kids who can't handle their own problems so they ran and tell their mommy that someone is picking on them. The OP did nothing wrong, and his behavior is actually something Riot should hope its players strive to emulate.

Sh4dowsOutcast

01-08-2013

no reason to punish here, period