This is a possible build for jungle Nocturne?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enygm4

01-08-2013

Yesterday I played him in the jungle and my mid starts to QQ so much cause I take the first blue, wtf!? I thought and I told him that I will give him the whole rest of blues.
But at this point I felt mana hungry so I decide to buy a manamune, also this the enemy team was 4/5 AD the only AP there was a sona lol.
So I end buying a frozen hearth that increased my AD cause of murama.
My final build was something like this:

Berserker's Greaves
Murama
Bloodthirster
Frozen Hearth
Frozen Mallet
Guardian's Angel

Is this build viable for Noc?
I mean maybe I was too noob and wasted all of my mana.

PD: The cooldown reduction of frozen hearth was really really nice

Fate000

01-08-2013

Seems good. Muramana is useful for Nocturne but all I can say is manage Nocturne's Mana like you were playing DotA (i.e. really strict). You need the first blue, else you'll die if you try not to use spells in the first jungle clear. (embarrassing)
Also, if you try to get wraiths, I suggest going behind the wraiths and firing Duskbringer downwards (towards red buff). Else their middle laner will see the trail and know that's where you are.
I usually build Nocturne like an ADC:
>Berserker's Greaves
(>Wriggle's if I'm jungling. I usually am not)
>Black Cleaver (for CDR and armor pen. Nocturne needs CDR much more then other ADC's, so I don't get Last Whisper)
>Sword of the Divine (active tends to rip enemies apart if you use Duskbringer too)
>Infinity Edge (Let's make SotD even stronger!)
>Warmog's / Frozen Heart / Guardian Angel (whatever you need for tankyness. Usually I get Warmog's)
>Bloodthirster / anything I adlib situationally.

Careful Ima Trap

01-08-2013

thats a terrible build. The only AS you have on it is serkers and boots for noc are better spent on merc or ninja tabi (if you're good enough with your W). Throw in a wits end and a static shiv take out the murama and GA.

Phoenix0Wright

01-08-2013

Muramana is a terrible item for Noc. In order to obtain it, you need to build Tear/Manamune early in the game. For some champs this isn't a problem, but Nocturne is most potent during the early/mid game, when everyone is basically still in their lanes and his ult is a guaranteed kill. By the time you actually have Muramana, it's going to be late game and Nocturne's window of dominance will have closed. You should rush something like Brutalizer/Phage to further enhance his early game presence.

Basically, learn to manage your mana so you can build better early items.

deathmetalfan

01-10-2013

I agree with most here regarding Muramana on Nocturne. It's a bad item choice. As others have said, you need to manage your mana better.

Nocturne's early and mid game ganks are extremely powerful. As such, your job is to help crush the enemy lanes early on. I would go with the following:

1. Wriggle's Lantern
2. Berserker's Greaves (+Alacrity enchantment)
3. Brutalizer -> Black Cleaver
4. Giant's Belt -> Frozen Mallet
5. Recurve Bow -> Wit's End
6. One pure tank item depending on enemy team composition (Randuin's Omen, Frozen Heart, Guardian Angel, Spirit Visage or Banshee's Veil)

If you feel you really don't need survivability, you can go with a Bloodthirster as your 6th item.

Boagster

01-10-2013

@Fate000: I disagree greatly with your suggestion to fire Duskbringer from behind wraiths. Instead, just step back away from wraiths a bit before firing from a traditional angle. Firing from behind wraiths will lose you a lot of precious buff time standing on your Duskbringer. All you need to do is make sure the arrow from the skill is no more than halfway through the trees. If you smartcast, just go into a custom game and try it out a few times without smartcasting to get a feel for the distance. Have a friend join and stand in mid to see if they can see it.

panic32

01-10-2013

I always start off with machete and 5 pots. On my first back i get regular boots and madred's razor. turn that into wriggle asap for the sustain in the jungle and beserk greaves. Then i rush brutilizer and a phage. i keep my brutilizer for a while and get frozen mallet for a little bit of tankiness. bloodthirster next and finish out black cleaver. then u just have to see what u need for defense ap or ad. if im doing really well ill get a phantom dancer and the AS and lifesteal usually sustain me through duels. But as Phoenix0Wright stated noc is best early/mid game. if u happen to go into late game you may notice that u will get focused a lot especially if you are doing well. GA seems like a pretty good option but in late game the benefits aren't all that great. ageis works wonders especially if the support isnt building one and if they are ap heavy bulwark will help you out a lot.