How do I build jayce to do damage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BattleBootyRiven

01-08-2013

I get killed by everything 1v1 volibear jax riven khazix rengar, I own jayce but I hardly play him due to the fact I don't do any damage with him at all.. its pretty stupid how people say hes so strong and OP still

Armstice

01-08-2013

His W does % health damage. You don't need any items to do damage, really.

BattleBootyRiven

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armstice View Post
His W does % health damage. You don't need any items to do damage, really.

I hit less than a blinding dart

McFace

01-08-2013

1st thing 1st. He is NOT a dueling champion. Of course you are going to get owned 1v1 against Jax and Kha'zix who are built to duel. Jayce's best ability is his harassing power. Shooting his Q through an acceleration gate does a very large amount of damage at all levels.

As for build. I always build merc treads or ninja tabi (depending on opponent) and then my core is BC and BT. After that it's situational defensive and offensive items.

Eloquid

01-08-2013

Use armpen runes, smartcasting and good combo: Q-E-W in canon form, R-Q-E-W. Then autoattack if the enemy isn't dead, then again R-Q (E has slightly longer cooldown than Q I think). Use canon E - backwards Q through the gate after you passed the gate to escape the enemies. (Yes, you can go Q-E in canon form if you use smartcasting, that enables you to surprise hit the enemy because the gate isn't telegraphing your intentions too soon). Go IE and other damage and critical chance items like brutalizer and Youumu's Ghostblade that gives you nice cd reduction to spam your abilities even more. Forget about Trinity Force, if you build that it's probably why you don't realize how strong he is.
Also, prioritize E-Q-W. R when poss or even forget about it (Jayce is pretty unique for that). You can also go Q-E-W, but by all means don't go prioritize W. And don't forget about smartcasting. It's the only way you can play good champ like Jayce with so many spamming abilities. In the beginning use E-Q as starting combo in canon form, but as I said it makes it possible for enemy to dodge your canon Q. Also, Q through the gate is great farming tool.

cybertruth

01-09-2013

Stopped reading at "I get killed by everything 1v1".