Elo discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

V y

01-05-2013

How can you tell if your getting into higher elo? I know the elo system is gone, and I wasn't there at the time prior to the removal.

trustmeimdoctor

01-05-2013

I've seen several people say that the only way to know is when you start seeing mostly 5 revive teams. If you get a lot of flash/ignite and things like that you're probably not there yet. I know I'm not there yet.

Wawix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2013

When you run into 5 revive teams you are at mid elo. At high elo you get no-revive hipsters sometimes.

V y

01-05-2013

Hopefully, they had the elo system if they make a ranked dominion mode.

KaWraith

01-07-2013

In general the clues that you are high elo are pretty basic.
some examples:
-10 revives per game, and usually several garrisons
-Someone calls bot (instead of everybody just hoping they don't have to go)
-your queue times get high (10-20 minutes in blind, over an hour in draft)
-People in your games start trash-talking about cheesecake tier champs and OP spammers (kassadin/teemo, not jax/poppy).
-You start seeing the same bunch of people in your games over and over again.
-You start recognizing those players, chatting with them, and knowing what champions they usually play and which ones they are good with. Then you notice that several of them post on the forums a lot, and you recognize them there too.
-You start to recognize those same players are on the top 500 dominion players list on lolmatches
-You start to recognize those same players are on the top 100 dominion players list on lolmatches
-During the DD tournament on Saturday, you see those same people you know playing in the tournament
-During the semifinals and finals matches on DD you realize you recognize everybody who is playing.

Sauron

01-07-2013

When you see people start blaming Nekrogen.

BuddhaRice

01-07-2013

When you see fiddlesticks whiffing their ulti, then flashing in to their team, only to see that he still wasn't in range.

Ukaei

01-07-2013

I'm not there yet with a 50 win difference.

NamKim

01-07-2013

To be honest, I am in no rush to get to high elo. I figure if I ever wanted to play against those whom I call the "big boys" then I can always just ask to be invited to an inhouse game. Most of them seem cool enough where they wouldn't mind playing with someone who isn't at or near their level yet...although, I feel like they would troll that game...I feel like I would see Sauron go AD Xerath...which I have the strangest feeling he would somehow make it viable...

I have my reasons why I don't want to rush to high elo. But I don't want to /shen your thread more than I already have.

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamKim View Post
To be honest, I am in no rush to get to high elo. I figure if I ever wanted to play against those whom I call the "big boys" then I can always just ask to be invited to an inhouse game. Most of them seem cool enough where they wouldn't mind playing with someone who isn't at or near their level yet...although, I feel like they would troll that game...I feel like I would see Sauron go AD Xerath...which I have the strangest feeling he would somehow make it viable...

I have my reasons why I don't want to rush to high elo. But I don't want to /shen your thread more than I already have.
got Fdru in a game once when he decided to go AD Xerath. Its not quite as viable as AD Karthus because you can't do damage after you die.