Why is this forum even still here...?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcane Azmadi

01-07-2013

As of the time of writing this thread, the entire first page of the Lore forum is covered with questions people are asking Riot about the lore... and there is not one single red post ANYWHERE on the page apart from the old stickies. Not ONE.

That is how much Riot cares about the Lore.

*sarcastic slow clap*

Helmight

01-08-2013

I think that they're working on expressing it in different ways. Not sure why they started disliking the old ways - I thought the JoJ was excellent - but they did. You'll notice though that we suddenly have a lot more champion interactions in-game though, and MUCH better written lore with the newer champions. It's not a lot, but it's a start.

Arcane Azmadi

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmight View Post
I think that they're working on expressing it in different ways. Not sure why they started disliking the old ways - I thought the JoJ was excellent - but they did. You'll notice though that we suddenly have a lot more champion interactions in-game though, and MUCH better written lore with the newer champions. It's not a lot, but it's a start.
I don't care WHAT they're working on, they have no excuse for simply ignoring this entire forum. And since they haven't said what they're working on, I don't see any reason to give them ANY benefit of the doubt.

HerbaNoctis

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane Azmadi View Post
I don't care WHAT they're working on, they have no excuse for simply ignoring this entire forum. And since they haven't said what they're working on, I don't see any reason to give them ANY benefit of the doubt.
Yes they have. Eve's lore remake for one.

NecroticBinder

01-08-2013

Quote:
MUCH better written lore with the newer champions. It's not a lot, but it's a start.
I'd have to disagree heavily with this. Lets see, champions who's joining the lore makes no sense, Stating that we have to determine a lot of the things ourselves (Here is a hint, that works in the mystery genre because that is the point.) and you know, having a year to come up with a new creative outlet with absolutely no information let on about it.

Lets look at the facts.

It's been about a year, and we've mostly LOST lore related things after getting them (AMAs.)
Communication to the lore forums has gone severely downhill.
New champions simply don't make sense half the time without further explanation which is not provided.

Hell, even if I supported what they are doing with the lore I'd still be confused as to what's taking so long. When you aren't bound by things like "Consistency" or "Facts" or "Logic" writing up lore should be even easier and quicker!

I don't expect top-notch writing, nor do I expect every question answered. But I do have a right to be disappointed and annoyed when the writing goes from pretty good to looking like a freshman in high school started to write it, and communication absolutely falls off when important questions were answered.

Reprotted

01-08-2013

Well I do and don't agree with the lore of the current champions being better. I like the lore of the new champions better because sometimes it's really fun to see the connection between champions that weren't previously there. One of my favorites has to be Heimerdinger and Rumble. Just the clash between the esteemed Heimerdinger and the Scrapyard Rumble is interesting. However, older champions such as Singed's lore is still really cool. Now as far as Riot not caring about the lore I find that sadly to be true.

Arcane Azmadi

01-09-2013

So anyway, Riot just posted the Vi AMA. Well done.

Still ignoring every other thread on this page. No surprise there. After all, why do anything more than the bare minimum?