Thresh and the 'Anti-Gank' Mechanic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

konfetarius

01-08-2013

TBH, I'll take the Nidaree and Teemo "anti-gank" mechanic over this gimmick any day. And if I have something come to sit bot to defend the lane against a gank, I'd rather have it be something that actually punishes the gank with their own deaths.

Phourc

01-08-2013

I'm honestly curious about dominion-thresh just because of his 'no scaling stats, but stats with each kill' deal - will the per kill/assist scaling be strong enough to make up for the lack of farm?

It's entirely likely he'll be another Veigar ):

Rapid99

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
I'm honestly curious about dominion-thresh just because of his 'no scaling stats, but stats with each kill' deal - will the per kill/assist scaling be strong enough to make up for the lack of farm?

It's entirely likely he'll be another Veigar ):
It's not based of kills and assists, when units die around him they drop a small floating particle that he can just walk over and pick up. Little minions don't have a 100% chance to drop them however.

He can potentially do nothing in a fight and then just go collect all the orbs lying around after the carnage is over.

The only thing I can see happening that may or may not be promoting bad play is that his passive incentives pushing the minions forwards towards one of the points. Now it's often a good thing to move your minions up as well if you're going to assault a point but if I've killed a couple of guys at Windmill and don't have long to cap it I want my allied Thresh right there helping me out, not a couple of screens over helping the minion wave catch up so he can collect his stats.

Sakuri Ono

01-08-2013

In counter point think of how Thresh potentially punishes 'wave pushing' for your enemy. It is not uncommon for the enemy team to push up the minion wave (or farm up a larger wave) before attempting to poke at the Windmill; repeating the cycle a few times until the team fight breaks out. However each time they push up a wave they'll be 'feeding' Thresh extra stats the longer they delay the dive. So by his presence alone you may be deterring the minion push or forcing the enemy to jump in at an un-optimal time to end Thresh's free buffet.

Phourc

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid99 View Post
It's not based of kills and assists, when units die around him they drop a small floating particle that he can just walk over and pick up. Little minions don't have a 100% chance to drop them however.
So he may potentially have to put himself way out of position to pick up his stat-balls during intense combat. Do they have a duration?