@Riot regarding patches!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Road North

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2010

Hey guys,

This is a pretty simple request - in the future, could you guys be more concise and clear about patch times? I.E, scheduling it in advance. I know when I was a newbie, I had no idea when the hell patching was to begin! It was very frustrating, and there's no real place to find out other then word of mouth/repetition. There's also the case of the Harrowing patch, where I think we were all expecting the servers to be down much earlier today. I think we all (or at least most!) can understand that it's not an easy job getting it done, but the way it was written, we were all certainly led to believe one thing over another. Even a simple 'TBD time on the 18th' would've been nice.

Thanks!

EDIT: A perfect way to accomplish this would be the bar in the top-left beside the League emblem, where server status/etc have been before.

Squirrel Lord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-18-2010

Go to the Server Status forum. Tells you exactly when they patch is.

Reiver

10-18-2010

It's always monday night

there ya go

relarmane

10-18-2010

All patching, except for hotfixes/bug fixes, is done on Tuesday. Every large "true" patch is every other Tuesday with servers going down late Monday evening or early Tuesday morning. The other Tuesday's they generally do skin release patches.

The Road North

10-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel Lord View Post
Go to the Server Status forum. Tells you exactly when they patch is.
You're missing out on the point of this post (and that went up within the last three hours - I'd say it only went up an hour and a half ago). We were told the patch would be up on the eighteenth, which is -not- usual patch day (which, btw, guys, I know is Tuesday. :P Newbies don't).

The Road North

10-19-2010

A-bump bump bump.