Bilbo is offensive?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

irishspring

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2010

I just went to sent my status message in League of Legends to "Oh Bilbo" and i got a message that said "The status contains one or more offensive words. Please remove the offensive words and retry."

Does Riot hate all hobbits? Or just Bilbo?

Maybe there is a slang term for Bilbo that I am just too un-hip to know. If so could someone please enlighten me? I don't wanna end up having someone call me a Bilbo in public and not be able to react accordingly.

Dinlek

10-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishspring View Post
I just went to sent my status message in League of Legends to "Oh Bilbo" and i got a message that said "The status contains one or more offensive words. Please remove the offensive words and retry."

Does Riot hate all hobbits? Or just Bilbo?

Maybe there is a slang term for Bilbo that I am just too un-hip to know. If so could someone please enlighten me? I don't wanna end up having someone call me a Bilbo in public and not be able to react accordingly.
If someone calls you Bilbo, just cut off their ring finger to be safe.

Darkbyte

10-18-2010

Bilbo

B----->D

Sindae

10-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbyte View Post
Bilbo

B----->D
My first thought as well, but I can't believe they'd filter Bilbo for that.

Darkbyte

10-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindae View Post
My first thought as well, but I can't believe they'd filter Bilbo for that.
Kassadin is filtered for having ass in it so i wouldn't be surprised. Open up the language filters in your game folders and behold the fail.

Sindae

10-18-2010

Quote:
Kassadin is filtered for having ass in it so i wouldn't be surprised. Open up the language filters in your game folders and behold the fail.
Wow, I just learned so many new curse words. Some of those are just hilariously bizarre.

A Robot PenX

10-18-2010

Quote:
Bilbo

B----->D
You have to change two letters to change that into anything that can be inserted safely into anything. "Duck" is closer to an offensive word than "Bilbo".

That being said, I am in favor of "Bilbo" being a banned word. Not because it is too close to "*****", but because I find Hobbits disgusting.

irishspring

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppyGuts View Post
I am in favor of "Bilbo" being a banned word. Not because it is too close to "*****", but because I find Hobbits disgusting.
How dare you sir!

Kragorix

10-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppyGuts View Post
That being said, I am in favor of "Bilbo" being a banned word. Not because it is too close to "*****", but because I find Hobbits disgusting.
The filthy hobbitsis, they want to take my precioussss...

Biomatter

10-18-2010

I can't find the language filter file... Can someone help me find the lulz?