Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Thresh... is a tank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xenotime Gaze

01-07-2013

Looking at Thresh, he seems like he could be an awesome tank (aside from the fact that tanks are... not in the best place these days).

He has an Initiation skill which also functions as a slight pull.
He has an ally relocation ability (dual initiation possibilities? Imagine him leaping in and pulling an ally Galio with him...)
He has ANOTHER disruption/relocation ability
He has a confinement ability.
He can gain tankiness (and some damage) through soul collection (they havent mentioned this, but i'm assuming there is a limit. if not, that alone makes him an excellent candidate for being in a position to receive farm so he can become more tanky)
He can harass (something some melee tanks can do[Galio, Shen, Maokai, Malphite]) with well timed AAs.

He may not look it, and the times may be bad for it (and of course he's still being iterated), but i think we might have another support tank on our hands here depending on how this plays out.
Just wondering if anyone else thinks so.

Zerglinator

01-07-2013

Tank Support like Leona I think could work.

Takazok

01-07-2013

First ranged tank? Hmm

Cerulean Laser

01-07-2013

Thresh is probably going to be a Tank/Support because of his Kit

Silver Grimalkin

01-07-2013

I think he could work as both support and jungler.

The ganks man.

THE GANKS.

Though it kinda depends on the values his passive gives.

Raptor J3sus

01-07-2013

He is more of a support mage than anything.

1 pure initiation, 1 knock back or another pull, and he does not need to farm to collect souls.
plus his ult is a giant slow.

he should be put in bot lane

Edit. He does not have any real farming abilities, so do not see jungling as a possible option currently

Antholagnia

01-07-2013

Quote:
Takazok:
First ranged tank? Hmm

Urgot

Xenotime Gaze

01-07-2013

Quote:
Silver Grimalkin:
I think he could work as both support and jungler.

The ganks man.

THE GANKS.

Though it kinda depends on the values his passive gives.

Been keeping updated on Youtube videos with him. He gains increased armor and mres at increasing increments that start below 1 per stack. And the stacks dont stop at 18 apparently, i saw someone get 20 in a video.

Enderzone

01-07-2013

In that one topic CertainlyT did say that the next champ (Thresh) would visually look like a different role than he was made for. He looks like a Mage to me, and he's been tagged as a Support/Tank and he has lots of disruption like a tank is supposed to have, so he's prolly a tank.

fishnchipsmate

Recruiter

01-07-2013

i think it's to give him a bit of tankyness, so he as a support he doesn't blow up instantly, allowing him to build more support-ish and less tanky. (like, the reason leona has her W. if she didn't have it, she'd be pretty bad, having to build a lot of tankyness instead of support items, since she has to get right into the middle of people.