why does it seem as though..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sko0ma

01-07-2013

why does it seem as though..
games without this kind of system does not have as many trolls or ppl just willing to fuk up the game

Vagenis

01-07-2013

cause the tribunal system is really really bad. letting players judge who is naughty or nice just spells ultimate troll. where you can go into ranked game troll the hell out of someone get them mad enough to become report worthy then come vote on there case is like the #1 troll dream.

LittleDi

01-07-2013

They're just reported far less and tend to be considerably less popular in the less populated games.

The big notice is that we catch them here. And also that this forum is not flooded off the page within seconds that they're not as big a problem as you think they are.

Vagenis

01-07-2013

its mainly cause of way solo q is. you get grouped with other random people you dont know at all and thrown into a sorta competetive game. with them people get mad when they lose and take it way to seriously first thing they think of is im report this guy for whatever reason i can cause im mad i lost.

Zaresin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

It is the same as the news, the best news is bad news, while good news is rarely as celebrated nor as "newsworthy" so you see less of it.

Also, the more popular the game, the more trolls you will have infesting it. They crave attention and will not get the required amount in less populated games so they gravitate to where their target audience is.

Vagenis

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaresin View Post
It is the same as the news, the best news is bad news, while good news is rarely as celebrated nor as "newsworthy" so you see less of it.

Also, the more popular the game, the more trolls you will have infesting it. They crave attention and will not get the required amount in less populated games so they gravitate to where their target audience is.
its also very hard to troll on a game like wow/runescape or other popular games.
league is prob the easiest trollable game i ever seen due to fact its so competetive and one bad player can destory the entire game for 9 others

dignitas Rampant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaresin View Post

The second part is incredibly true. I used to play an MMORPG called Eden Eternal, and I experienced many less jerks in that game than I did in WoW. The more popular the game, the more likely it is for you to have people in the audience whose entire goal is to ruin other people's days.

Zaresin

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampant Idiocy View Post
The second part is incredibly true. I used to play an MMORPG called Eden Eternal, and I experienced many less jerks in that game than I did in WoW. The more popular the game, the more likely it is for you to have people in the audience whose entire goal is to ruin other people's days.
I for the life of me forget the term for that type of behavior. Ugh....god today i've been having a huge freaking brain fart or something.

sko0ma

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasili View Post
cause the tribunal system is really really bad. letting players judge who is naughty or nice just spells ultimate troll. where you can go into ranked game troll the hell out of someone get them mad enough to become report worthy then come vote on there case is like the #1 troll dream.
y is the truth downvoted?

Zaresin

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sko0ma View Post
y is the truth downvoted?
Because it isn't the truth. the tribunal doesn't have any power outside of saying who we think is guilty, Riot as it says in the nice fine print reserves the right to reverse any decision made by the tribunal. Also riot decides on all bans past the 24 hour mark essentially making the tribunal impotent as the player is still able to cause harm in the meantime till Riot can come to a decision.