Would crit phite work in Dominion? or is malphite better as pure tank utility?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxhmskeCZJs
would something like this work on Dominion if the team already had enough utility, or is malph still better as an utility lighting rod in the crystal scar?

Rapid99

01-07-2013

Rather than a lightning rod, Malphite is better considered an auto-attack AD counter because of his hefty AS slow and how well Frozen Heart meshes into his kit.

Armor Penetration is rife in Dominion at the moment so Malphite struggles to get to the point of unkillable, but he can be decently tanky enough.

I would never take a Crit / AD Malphite build though. It's simply too expensive and doesn't do enough damage when compared to all the bruiser champs running around on Dom who deal FAR FAR more damage while still being semi-beefy.

JamesLeBoss

01-07-2013

I have no idea how Critphite would be useful when his ult is on CD and the other team kites him

NavyGothic

01-07-2013

Have you seen any Tryndameres or AD Yis do well on Dominion lately?

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyGothic View Post
Have you seen any Tryndameres or AD Yis do well on Dominion lately?
good point, although in malphite's favor, he sitl has his aspd debuff and ms steal, whereas trynda and yi have nothing of utility.

Rapid99

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
good point, although in malphite's favor, he sitl has his aspd debuff and ms steal, whereas trynda and yi have nothing of utility.
But Yi and Tryndamere have steroids to bolster the fact that they're supposed to be building AD. I mean heck. Zyra has a bunch of utility but you don't build AD on her.

inFe eD

01-07-2013

Malphite has what is probably the strongest AD steroid in the game.

Rapid99

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
Malphite has what is probably the strongest AD steroid in the game.
I still argue that building an AD Malphite is like building Crit Nunu. I mean it can be done and he DOES have a steroid but it just doesn't work out because he doesn't naturally scale with AD, Armor Pen and Attack Speed like regular ADs and Bruisers. That and he'd be shut down by kiting and CC even harder than Fiora, Master Yi and Tryndamere are.

Orphane

01-07-2013

It's more like that on SR Malphite can afford to jerk it in the jungle or something until his ult comes back up again and your team can usually accomplish something while people are dead from your ult + SOTD. In Dominion you basically have to be ready for fights at any time, which is why ult-oriented characters tend to have difficulties since they're balanced around their game-turning ults.

Purpleskoal

01-07-2013

I've played it a few times, it can work very well or completely fail depending on the team comps. The main problem is it by time you have the items you need the game is about over.