What....?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zaresin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uh Kat Iz Fine 2 View Post
Eh. You don't understand what "negative reinforcement" is. Negative reinforcement is when you remove an undesirable stimulus to encourage a certain behavior. Trust me, I took behavior mod in College. Making someone "feel bad" about themselves would be "punishment", not negative reinforcement.

Negative reinforcement in LoL would be rolling back the ban level over time for good behavior. Since a high ban level is undesirable - if you're at the 2 week ban level, you would really want that to be rolled back to a 1 week or lower so you don't get a permaban. If Riot reduces your ban level, that is negative reinforcement for your good behavior in game.

Think of it like this.

- Positive Reinforcement "Adds" a desirable stimulus - like getting a cookie for washing the dishes.

- Negative Reinforcement "Removes" an undesirable stimulus - like reducing jail time for good behavior.

- Punishment "Adds" an undesirable stimulus, or "Removes" a desirable stimulus - like a spanking for staying out too late, or not letting your child play LoL after he got caught doing something bad - or getting banned from LoL for being a jerk. LoL being the desirable stimulus, and not being able to play being the removal of the desired stimuli - hence punishment.
You're absolutely right, I am getting it mixed up with another term but punishment isn't what I'm thinking of. I'm going through my old psych book now to figure out what I'm getting it mixed up with.

Zaresin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

Ah hah....I'm getting it mixed up with the concept of self talk. The more someone tells you what's wrong with you the more you accept it and the more you play like it, the more you act like it.

Thanks for pointing that out bud.

An Troll

01-08-2013

Do any of you know how to save a Tribunal case on your computer? Save Page doesn't seem to work, nor does copy + paste. Is there a way to do it?

theurbanraptor

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Troll View Post
Do any of you know how to save a Tribunal case on your computer? Save Page doesn't seem to work, nor does copy + paste. Is there a way to do it?
print screen.

vulgarwolf

01-08-2013

When Chewbacca was younger, he lived in the dangerous forest of Shadowlands on Kashyyyk. He lived there because he wanted to explore other parts of the galaxy, but did not know how to get off Kashyyyk.When he was almost age 100, he worked at the Wroshyr Tree. Chewbacca and his friend, Jowdrrl, job was to repair vehicles with a hydrospanner. Later Chewbacca and Lumpawaroo, his father, built the town Rwookrrorro, witch became the capitol of Kashyyyk. This town was quickly attacked by droids, but Chewbacca, Obi-Wan, and Qui-Gon Jinn won the battle.At age 178, the Clone Wars started and Chewbacca became the leader of the Wokkie Army.Chewbacca and the King of Kashyyyk, Grakchawwaa, fought Asajj Ventress but loosed because a Wokkie named Quaagan helped her.During the 2nd year of the Clone Wars Chewbacca and Ahsoka Tano was captured by Trandoshan, a bounty hunter.Chewbacca later that year became a negotiator and gave Tarfful the spot of Leader.The Final year of the Clone Wars: Before the Battle of Kashyyyk and Jedi named Quinlan Vos became a protector of Kashyyyk.(He died in the battle against the droid). After the droids were defeated the Battle of Kashyyyk the battle against the clones lasted 2 month before stormtroopers came in and won. One month later, Looking for his padawan, Quinlan Vos, Roan Shryne came to Kashyyyk. Chewbacca and a group of Wookies were able to escape on his ship, while he faced Darth Vader.When the escaped Trandoshan, the bounty hunter, came across Chewbacca in space and captured him as revenge from the clone wars. Using his hydrospanner, Chewbacca, was able to free the Wokkies off the ship. Chewbacca decided to free any Wokkie on imperil ships.When Chewbacca was trying to escape off an Imperil Star Destroyer he ran to Lieutenant Han Solo. But Han decided to free Chewbacca, making him an enemy of the Empire. Chewbacca gave his life debt to Han. Star Wars episode 4(New Hope), 5(Empire Strikes Back), and 6(Return of the Jedi) occur. After the second Death Star was destroyed Chewbacca and Han went to Kashyyyk to work on repairs to the planet.Han and Leia get married. Han and Chewbacca went out to search for Force Children. Han's Children and (some how) Attichitcuk, Chewbacca's son, had Force, they discovered. In his Final mission, Chewbacca, Han, and Anakin went to Sernpidal, to take people off the planet because of Civil War. Anakin was being pushed by the wind near a cliff, Chewbacca ran after him. He caught Anakin and put him on the ship when the wind started again and push Chewie of the cliff. Chewbacca got a giant carving of his head on Kashyyyk as his memorial.

An Troll

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulgarwolf View Post

IMPORTANT INFORMATION!

Thanks for clearing that up.

Anyone have a better way to save a Tribunal case than taking a bunch of screenshots?

Shelzin

01-10-2013

Quote:
Thanks for clearing that up.

Anyone have a better way to save a Tribunal case than taking a bunch of screenshots?
Excel.

*ponders*

Copy and paste source code and rename it so it shows up as a web link.

Amalyth

01-10-2013

If this case came before me, I wouldn't have punished, nor would I have pardoned I would've passed on it.

That being said, if this was the case to decide whether a permaban was merited or not, which it was, I would probably choose not to permaban it.

But, the tribunal is very aggressive in comparison to me. I have a low % on rank because I pardon too much. I have never hit punish and not been in the majority. Every case that I have lost % on has been hitting pardon when the majority punishes.

Just keep in mind while you're playing that the tribunal is aggressive with punish.

gnfnrf

01-10-2013

Quote:
I quit for a few months, came back and played a couple of bot games (in which I'm certain I was not reported) a while ago (last week, I think it was? ), then checked my email today and found an email stating I was "permanently suspeneded", with a link to this reform card http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../5912182/#nogo .

For some reason, I'm still able to post on the forums; I have no idea whether or not my in-game account is actually banned, as I recently formatted the hard drive that had my League of Legends installation on and haven't gotten around to reinstalling it yet.

Is this legit? Am I really permanently banned for some months-old games in which I alternately got trolled and backstabbed by teammates, engaged in mutual trollish/competitive banter with enemies, and made off-color jokes?
You "found" the email. When was it dated?

RedTruth

01-10-2013

It doesn't matter how long ago the games were, you are always responsible for your actions.

Deserved.