Just got banned, forgot my e-mail

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bahamut Zero

Member

01-07-2013

ive played with you and your a bad and a mad.gg enjoy your ban


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Katarina PENTA

Senior Member

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDi View Post
I saw your post on the second page:

It doesn't request that a person who has ability to post your reform card post it.

EG: While I am here and willing to talk to you about this without you saying "Post my reform card" there is NOTHING I could post if I worked as a riot employee.

The second you ask for them to do so is the moment they can post it.
Perhaps I already requested it and am going to post it once they send it to me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Katarina PENTA

Senior Member

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalSlash24 View Post
ive played with you and your a bad and a mad.gg enjoy your ban

Yeah, cause I said I didn't talk. Read.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zaresin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina PENTA View Post
Yeah, cause I said I didn't talk. Read.
Ignore him...he's still butthurt over getting banned. So he is trolling other forums. If he isnt' careful they can extend his ban time as they have with others based on their behavior on the forums.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dignitas Rampant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-07-2013

Let me begin with me saying that your argument needs quite a bit of work. I believe the word we should use here is anecdotal evidence. There is a common rule in statistics and in debate that while anecdotal evidence can be flashy and give specific examples of a situation, it is incredibly poor at describing an actual trend or situation. Granted, your own experiences might indeed give you such a viewpoint. However, your view point is both inherently biased and non-representative of the whole population. You are inherently biased as you have a inherent interest in not being punished. Its not representative of the entire population because, in general, only .7% of the population is involved with the Tribunal. So, your anecdotal evidence does not give substantial evidence towards your argument, to the point where it can be dismissed as opinion.

Now, you claim you never stated that you playing in normal games would have effected your ban. But this is untrue, as your first line states that you were banned for one of the following flawed reasons: (Also, glass houses, my friend. If you are going to challenge my command of the English language, don't screw up basic sentence structure.) The first reason you list on your bulleted list was that you play normal games. I was only stating that the style of game you played would not unduly affect your chances of getting reported. You also state you don't know why you were banned, but you then turn on that and make baseless accusations about it.

Look, you're obviously angered by your ban. I can understand that, but you are honestly going overboard. Not only are you making generalized statements, you are sputtering half-truths. You say bans are on quantity of reports. Well, that's partially true, but the quality of those reports matter as well. You say "anyone" can judge your case and make a verdict on it. Well, only experienced and non-punished summoners can make that determination, and that is the point behind the system as well. The Tribunal exists so that the community can make a determination on what we consider acceptable behavior. Finally, the 2.6% number you claim is for perma-banned players is highly suspect to me. If only .7% make it into the Tribunal, I find it very hard to see the 2.6% number as factual. If you meant it in the way that 2.6% of punished players are so punished, well, I can see that. I would actually have thought there would be a higher recidivism rate.

I question the veracity of you righteous anger. You claim that Riot only wants money, and they all only work on money-making portions of the community. But you forget two things. The first is that of course Riot wants money. They are a corporation, their eventual goal is to make money, for them to not attempt to make money would actually be against the law. It is their job to make money for their investors. The second is a good community is a money-making proposition for Riot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zaresin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampant Idiocy View Post
Let me begin with me saying that your argument needs quite a bit of work. I believe the word we should use here is anecdotal evidence. There is a common rule in statistics and in debate that while anecdotal evidence can be flashy and give specific examples of a situation, it is incredibly poor at describing an actual trend or situation. Granted, your own experiences might indeed give you such a viewpoint. However, your view point is both inherently biased and non-representative of the whole population. You are inherently biased as you have a inherent interest in not being punished. Its not representative of the entire population because, in general, only .7% of the population is involved with the Tribunal. So, your anecdotal evidence does not give substantial evidence towards your argument, to the point where it can be dismissed as opinion.

Now, you claim you never stated that you playing in normal games would have effected your ban. But this is untrue, as your first line states that you were banned for one of the following flawed reasons: (Also, glass houses, my friend. If you are going to challenge my command of the English language, don't screw up basic sentence structure.) The first reason you list on your bulleted list was that you play normal games. I was only stating that the style of game you played would not unduly affect your chances of getting reported. You also state you don't know why you were banned, but you then turn on that and make baseless accusations about it.

Look, you're obviously angered by your ban. I can understand that, but you are honestly going overboard. Not only are you making generalized statements, you are sputtering half-truths. You say bans are on quantity of reports. Well, that's partially true, but the quality of those reports matter as well. You say "anyone" can judge your case and make a verdict on it. Well, only experienced and non-punished summoners can make that determination, and that is the point behind the system as well. The Tribunal exists so that the community can make a determination on what we consider acceptable behavior. Finally, the 2.6% number you claim is for perma-banned players is highly suspect to me. If only .7% make it into the Tribunal, I find it very hard to see the 2.6% number as factual. If you meant it in the way that 2.6% of punished players are so punished, well, I can see that. I would actually have thought there would be a higher recidivism rate.

I question the veracity of you righteous anger. You claim that Riot only wants money, and they all only work on money-making portions of the community. But you forget two things. The first is that of course Riot wants money. They are a corporation, their eventual goal is to make money, for them to not attempt to make money would actually be against the law. It is their job to make money for their investors. The second is a good community is a money-making proposition for Riot.
You forgot that riot makes more money from events and tournaments than it does from people that purchase skins and champs as they have said this before (would have to remember who said this think it was pendragon to be honest). Also...are you related by chance to a certain red who is infatuated with anecdotal evidence?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dignitas Rampant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-07-2013

I'd actually like to see that quote Z. And no, while I share a similar name to Vi's designer on the PBE and I do love me some anecdotal evidence differentiation, I do not have any connection to Riot. I've considered applying for internships in the past, but in the end, I'm just a student on break.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xystris

Senior Member

01-07-2013

Don't understand the problem with this ban. No offense but it seems clear you aren't interested in team play at all; basically confirming it with your post. I consider this a motivator for you to concentrate on player vs player games (Notice the absense of the plural (s)).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Katarina PENTA

Senior Member

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampant Idiocy View Post
Let me begin with me saying that your argument needs quite a bit of work. I believe the word we should use here is anecdotal evidence. There is a common rule in statistics and in debate that while anecdotal evidence can be flashy and give specific examples of a situation, it is incredibly poor at describing an actual trend or situation. Granted, your own experiences might indeed give you such a viewpoint. However, your view point is both inherently biased and non-representative of the whole population. You are inherently biased as you have a inherent interest in not being punished. Its not representative of the entire population because, in general, only .7% of the population is involved with the Tribunal. So, your anecdotal evidence does not give substantial evidence towards your argument, to the point where it can be dismissed as opinion.

Now, you claim you never stated that you playing in normal games would have effected your ban. But this is untrue, as your first line states that you were banned for one of the following flawed reasons: (Also, glass houses, my friend. If you are going to challenge my command of the English language, don't screw up basic sentence structure.) The first reason you list on your bulleted list was that you play normal games. I was only stating that the style of game you played would not unduly affect your chances of getting reported. You also state you don't know why you were banned, but you then turn on that and make baseless accusations about it.

Look, you're obviously angered by your ban. I can understand that, but you are honestly going overboard. Not only are you making generalized statements, you are sputtering half-truths. You say bans are on quantity of reports. Well, that's partially true, but the quality of those reports matter as well. You say "anyone" can judge your case and make a verdict on it. Well, only experienced and non-punished summoners can make that determination, and that is the point behind the system as well. The Tribunal exists so that the community can make a determination on what we consider acceptable behavior. Finally, the 2.6% number you claim is for perma-banned players is highly suspect to me. If only .7% make it into the Tribunal, I find it very hard to see the 2.6% number as factual. If you meant it in the way that 2.6% of punished players are so punished, well, I can see that. I would actually have thought there would be a higher recidivism rate.

I question the veracity of you righteous anger. You claim that Riot only wants money, and they all only work on money-making portions of the community. But you forget two things. The first is that of course Riot wants money. They are a corporation, their eventual goal is to make money, for them to not attempt to make money would actually be against the law. It is their job to make money for their investors. The second is a good community is a money-making proposition for Riot.
Let me start by saying that I am not representing the whole population nor am I trying to. You're the one saying I am.

Also, if you read my post on the 2nd page, you would know that my post is not referring to premade games. OR ranked games. So OF COURSE, it's not representing the whole population. It's quite obvious that I'm making this about a specific kind of situation.

Next argument. Yes, it's related to the fact that I only play normal games SOLO without any premade. You are taking my sentence too literally and assuming that EVERY single bullet point itself is a substantiated claim.

Next argument. Now you're accusing me of being mad. And btw, Tribunal can be used by anyone at level 20. That's ANYONE, regardless of their ban history.

Next argument. I'm not saying it's wrong for them to make money. I'm saying it's wrong that they are greedy and neglect proper customer service. Why don't you read before posting a long wall of text?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LittleDi

Senior Member

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina PENTA View Post
Perhaps I already requested it and am going to post it once they send it to me.
Perhaps you know you're a toxic person and are afraid to let them post it too. But I guess you'll never know because you won't ask them to post it ever. Right?