Advice Wanted: New to Ranked Gameplay

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Notenoughwin

01-07-2013

I'm about to start doing some solo ranked, but don't want to "noob" it up and have a team of hardcores giving me the business over it. Please post any tips you'd suggest for a player who's new to ranked.

Thanks in advance,

Notenoughwin

adc

01-07-2013

Get more rune pages. Have at least one rune page for each role. This is very important, as you won't always get what you want.

Learn to ward, cs (make sure you can get 90%+ of them in a normal game - 100CS at 12, 200 at 20, etc.), positioning in teamfights, who to protect (hint: the ADC) if you're a tank. Get the basics of each role down before diving into Ranked.

And most of all, don't rage. Keep your cool. I had a game earlier today with a friend of mine, started out down 2 players for nearly 5 minutes. Kept cool, won my lane, they came back and we won.

Eagleye749

01-07-2013

The code is simple: Surviving is better than killing, spend all of your gold when you shop (unless you're into lategame trying to get a bf sword or something that expensive), and know how to play every role.

DaedalusDevice

01-07-2013

I'm also pretty new so my advice is this; know every role and play safe. Even if you can't kill the enemy champion if you can keep up in CS, not feed, and hold your lane you are doing well. Try to exploit whatever weaknesses the enemy champion may have (example: as Jayce I harass in cannon stance constantly due to most every top lane being pure melee) and try to zone them out, a kill is nice but a huge lead in farm is even better. Stay safe in the lane phase and work with your team. No matter what lane you are in wards ARE your best friend.