Explain to me why was i banned

1234511 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SwiftyNyce

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../6113713/#nogo

Punish number 1----I complained about a very bad amumu and i barely said anything ban worthy. In fact im allowed to say what ever the hell i want but i still didnt say anything bad when even other people where complaining about amumu.

Punish number 2 - i got banned for commenting back dam riot you sad

Punish number 3 - what im not allowed to show people their fault show me the rules ?

Punish number 4 - for saying wake the **** up or what im not allowed to say that? sorry we had a dude who kept going afk

-Punish 5 - what the hell did i do wrong there?

Seriously riot man the hell up with these dam bans this tribunal **** is retarded if you gonna waste people times getting them banned over nothing

Based on this riot wants players to not even type or comment back to people at all. If there is a player who does retarded mistakes you should instead congratulate them and say good job. IMO they need to hire Icefrog from dota so he can fix everything for them. They couldnt keep dota and it seems they cant do **** correctly for LOL....

Ext3rmin8or2

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftyNyce View Post
In fact im allowed to say what ever the hell i want
No you aren't.

Quote:
Punish number 1----I complained about a very bad amumu and i barely said anything ban worthy. In fact im allowed to say what ever the hell i want but i still didnt say anything bad when even other people where complaining about amumu.
You harassed your teammate.

Quote:
Punish number 2 - i got banned for commenting back dam riot you sad

Quote:
Punish number 3 - what im not allowed to show people their fault show me the rules ?
Your harassed your teammate.

Quote:
Punish number 4 - for saying wake the **** up or what im not allowed to say that? sorry we had a dude who kept going afk

Quote:
Punish 5 - what the hell did i do wrong there?
Nothing.

I would punish 4 out of 5. Ban deserved.

Zaresin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

Please read

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Lately, I've been receiving a lot of e-mails about the same questions and complaints about the Tribunal. I'm working with WookieCookie, RiotSeb and statuskwoh to add these to the Tribunal FAQs but we would love to discuss them here first.

1) What's the point of having a language filter if I can get banned for 'adult' language?
a) We aren't out to punish players who use adult language; in fact, very few players are ever banned for saying stuff like "f***, I missed that skill shot" or "damn, f***ing close game!" However, the language filter is not an excuse to verbally abuse someone in the game. When you verbally abuse or harass someone by calling them "f***ing ******" or "n*gger noob", that's when you've crossed the line and will be punished by the Tribunal. I've said this before and I'll say it again, we aren't trying to clean online games of adult language; we're trying to reform or get rid of jerks who like to verbally abuse and harass other players.

2) I only have 1 bad game in my Tribunal Reform Card, why am I banned???
a) The Tribunal verdict is not based on a 'majority' rule; there is also no requirement that all games have to be toxic for it to warrant a suspension. Depending on the case, sometimes 1 game is all that is needed to show that the player deserves a suspension. To Tribunal reviewers, decisions like these are up to you. When you view a Tribunal case, the questions you should ask yourselves are, "Is this player's behavior appropriate in League of Legends?" and "Would I want to play with this player?"

3) This player should have been banned, but he was pardoned. The Tribunal is broken!
a) The Tribunal was inspired by 'crowdsourcing' research. When I was still a student, I worked with labs that developed games such as "Foldit" that took advantage of crowdsourcing to find solutions to extremely tricky tasks--when you read this research you truly appreciate how accurate crowdsourcing systems can be. In fact, the Tribunal is far more accurate than traditional Player Support.

However, the Tribunal isn't perfect. The design is based on statistical probability and random sampling and every system like this has outliers. This means that sometimes, a player has an egregious Tribunal case but is still pardoned because he happened to get a lenient set of voters; however, if the player is truly toxic, he actually is re-sent back to the Tribunal in a handful of games and is usually accurately punished in his second visit to the Tribunal.

Because the Tribunal is designed to identify frequency and consistency of toxic behavior, this is why it doesn't take into account the severity of the offense. If a player is extremely toxic he will quickly get banned multiple times by the Tribunal until he is permabanned; in fact, extremely toxic players end up permabanned significantly faster than players who are 'less severe.' In the future, we may want to brainstorm ways to improve on the Tribunal so that it does take into account severity and adjusts punishments accordingly... but we're not there yet.

4) That player in my game was far worse than me. Why am I banned???
a) I'll keep this one simple: retaliation isn't OK. Reacting to a toxic player by being toxic just incites that player to be even worse--it also ruins the game for up to 8 other players. It is far, far worse to watch two people yelling at each other all game than it is to watch 1 player ranting into blank space. Almost everyone in the game can find someone out there that behaves worse than they do--but so what? Finding someone worse doesn't justify your behavior or justify retaliation. We expect more out of our players. What players often don't realize is... those other players in your game that you thought were worse? Nearly 100% of the time, those players were banned even before you were. If someone is being toxic, just report them and move on. If you retaliate, both of you will be banned. It's really that simple.

5) Low skill players should be banned from the game! The Tribunal should only ban Leavers/AFK and intentional feeders, those are the only types of players that really ruin games!
a) No. Just no. Jerks ruin games. League of Legends is for everyone whether they are 500 Elo or 2500 Elo. It's not a game for jerks.

on a side note...it is just so much easy to copy and paste lytes responses as all 5 of those bullet points tend to counter ever argument that is ever used by people who get banned. Oh and it comes from teh guy who actually makes the rules. That's just icing on the cake.

SwiftyNyce

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ext3rmin8or2 View Post
No you aren't.

Your harassed your teammate.

Nothing.

I would punish 4 out of 5. Ban deserved.

1---Calling some one dumb when doing a dumb act over and over isnt harassing its stating a fact you werent in the first game...

2-- i didnt harras any teammate i was arguing with a person on the other team who i was responding back

3-- even the enemy team was trying to help a dude out who kept doing the same mistake he sucked you cant handle being told you are bad then dont play a competitive game.. so the term harassment is weak in this one

4-- dude kept going afk and running in to die when he came back you were not in the game so the harassment bull**** isnt needed since he was wasting 9 other players time..

SwiftyNyce

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaresin View Post
Please read

on a side note...it is just so much easy to copy and paste lytes responses as all 5 of those bullet points tend to counter ever argument that is ever used by people who get banned. Oh and it comes from teh guy who actually makes the rules. That's just icing on the cake.
These rules didnt mean **** bc i didnt cus anyone out which still mean i can say what ever i want ... i can say **** ***** **** **** *******... welcome to life where people can say anything they want. Now me saying you suck and thats it is and will be a fact if you are straight garbage every one of those bans shows i said you suck once and i moved on. If you dont like being insulted you shouldnt even play a online game thats a fact. In fact stay home and never go online if you are some ***** kid who always get insulted.

Shiister

01-07-2013

Well, you showing us why you got ban.

Your attitude is horrible.

Dagolith

01-07-2013

Of course you can say anything you want. You can do anything you want. You always have to choice to say, stab somebody. However with that choice comes consequence.

Holy ****. Some of these posts LOL!. People like this exist? I don't care how old they are.

Yiyo chan

01-07-2013

The "welcome to real life " and " grow a thicker skin " thing are becoming a trend or is it just me ?

SwiftyNyce

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
Well, you showing us why you got ban.

Your attitude is horrible.
Who the hell are you for me to care what my attitude should or should not be? What i have to act a certain way to? And how should my attitude be after being banned over nothing?

Dagolith

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiyo chan View Post
The "welcome to real life " and " grow a thicker skin " thing are becoming a trend or is it just me ?
Apparently.

1234511 ... 12