Canwe put a vote ban in matchmaking please

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brigoth

01-07-2013

I posted about my problem before with trolls and having to dodge, can we add a vote kick button to champ select? So if someone is trolling no one has to dodge to save their own as well as everyone else's elo, win rate or something. I just had to dodge a ranked game because the player menager was going to troll as annie with revive cleanse I kept begging someone to dodge because if I did I would have had to wait probably an hour(i still had to dodge because the other players elo are on the line as well mine) but im doing a good thing and saving all of our elo; if we add a vote kick system where everyone can say yes or no to kick a person from matchmaking and reset it (as if the person dodged) then all the serious players would be ok and wouldn't have to wait to play a game because of trolls.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-07-2013

Your dodge only saves your own Elo. The other 4 people are still in the queue and it's highly likely that troll is still going to be paired with them.

Brigoth

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Your dodge only saves your own Elo. The other 4 people are still in the queue and it's highly likely that troll is still going to be paired with them.
that is true but if we went through with that match and we lost all of our elo would go down. But to save mine and to avoid the risk of losing why do I have to wait a certain time to play cause i didnt want to lose?

adc

01-07-2013

Why? Because the amount of people dodging for legitimate reasons would be dwarfed significantly by the amount of people troll-dodging if there was no wait time.

Let's say there was a 30 second dodge timer, instead of 30 minutes. You'd have tons of people (Especially at high Elos) dodging at the last second, just to screw up all the games they're in. People would leave the instant they didn't get their favorite role, or they didn't like the team comp, etc.

SunshineFox

01-07-2013

because you can't always know the match is going to be bad from the start... you can "guess" but no one can actually see the future

adc

01-07-2013

To add to the previous point - I won a game earlier with a team of Irelia, Jarvan IV (me), Elise, Darius, and Lee. And I mean won hard.

Nyutrig

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
many people know better to leave the que for a min after dodge champ select like the one the OP is refering to.

Extof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

While it would be nice to see a short ban from ranked game dodges (5 minutes) I realize Riot would likely not even consider that. Instead, I would propose that players who dodge ranked games due to poor team compositions be allowed to play normal or dominion games while the ranked 30 minute lockout wears off. This allows players to dodge ranked games if their team comp is all trolls and still go and play normal games without worry. The current penalty is just too harsh and trolls either ruin the game (if you play) or ruin it if you don't (forced lockout). Case and point in order (us = u, them = t):

u - Taric - support
t - Mundo - likely jungle or bot
t - Ashe - bot
u - Singed - top
u - Tryndamere - jungle (myself)
t - Elise - mid
t - Teemo - top
u - Yi - AP mid after saying he can't handle an Elise
u - Sona - bot as ADC knowing she's not a true ADC

Dodged at 3 seconds to save the loss. Things like this are just dumb. We're countered in every lane with two of our picks being after theirs and were intentionally poor choices. Can't say how many times this has ruined games because I join against my better judgment (and to avoid 30 minutes of no game play) only to lose not at 20 minutes but drag it out to 40 minutes.

Finally, if Riot would feel this could lead to abuse, which I tend to think it would not, there could be a team composition assessment done during selection. This would mean that as long as the team composition contained the current meta by how Riot has designed champs, then the dodge could be made without penalty. If it did not, the dodge would result in the current lockout. Riot should consider what they feel each champions legitimate role could be and as long as the team had a normal make up the dodge could be made. And let's not forget that odd combos would still be played because if no one dodges, the game would go on.

Truly I don't see abuse potential and would like to suggest Riot look into one of these options. Thanks for reading.

adc

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extof View Post
While it would be nice to see a short ban from ranked game dodges (5 minutes) I realize Riot would likely not even consider that. Instead, I would propose that players who dodge ranked games due to poor team compositions be allowed to play normal or dominion games while the ranked 30 minute lockout wears off. This allows players to dodge ranked games if their team comp is all trolls and still go and play normal games without worry. The current penalty is just too harsh and trolls either ruin the game (if you play) or ruin it if you don't (forced lockout). Case and point in order (us = u, them = t):

u - Taric - support
t - Mundo - likely jungle or bot
t - Ashe - bot
u - Singed - top
u - Tryndamere - jungle (myself)
t - Elise - mid
t - Teemo - top
u - Yi - AP mid after saying he can't handle an Elise
u - Sona - bot as ADC knowing she's not a true ADC

Dodged at 3 seconds to save the loss. Things like this are just dumb. We're countered in every lane with two of our picks being after theirs and were intentionally poor choices. Can't say how many times this has ruined games because I join against my better judgment (and to avoid 30 minutes of no game play) only to lose not at 20 minutes but drag it out to 40 minutes.

Finally, if Riot would feel this could lead to abuse, which I tend to think it would not, there could be a team composition assessment done during selection. This would mean that as long as the team composition contained the current meta by how Riot has designed champs, then the dodge could be made without penalty. If it did not, the dodge would result in the current lockout. Riot should consider what they feel each champions legitimate role could be and as long as the team had a normal make up the dodge could be made. And let's not forget that odd combos would still be played because if no one dodges, the game would go on.

Truly I don't see abuse potential and would like to suggest Riot look into one of these options. Thanks for reading.
Someone didn't get their role? Lock in a troll pick and suddenly they're allowed to go play more games! Hell, they might not even need to leave Ranked, since someone else might dodge instead.

And how does Riot determine whether it was a "bad team composition" or a new strategy that the fifth player decided he didn't feel like playing with?