Why do people complain about certain champs being op?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

deadlyzaraki1987

01-07-2013

I mean a prime example would be kat its not like she facerolls at level one and its not like her ult cant be cc'd so why complain?

Armstice

01-07-2013

Because my CC was on CD when she ulted. Duh

McFace

01-07-2013

People complain about certain champs being OP because they don't know how to deal with them.

Aamon2500

01-07-2013

People complain about certain champs like Katrina, Darius and Xin Zhao because they don't know how to counter them or play in lane with them. If they can't play like they usually play they should try to play passsively against such champs.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-07-2013

You know what works better then complaining about an OP champ? Unlock that champ and play that champ yourself.

Either you'll find out they're really not OP, and you'll be able to play against them better in the future...

...or you'll find out that they are OP, pick them every time, and get free wins.

5z1Jolape

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
You know what works better then complaining about an OP champ? Unlock that champ and play that champ yourself.

Either you'll find out they're really not OP, and you'll be able to play against them better in the future...

...or you'll find out that they are OP, pick them every time, and get free wins.
I always wonder myself why people don't do this. If someone thinks a champ is so super OP, WHY don't they just buy them already?

KingClement

01-08-2013

When I find myself being outplayed by the same champion all the time, I buy that champion and think about how I play the champion, then find a way to counter it.

Xian217

01-08-2013

Okay. The obvious reasons that people complain over why champions are OP is because in ranked games you can only have one of said OP champion. This causes balance issues.

However, you were more trying to make a general statement about how no champs are OP, which is incorrect. There have been multiple instances where a champion has been too strong, but they aren't that prevalent. Katarina, for instance, isn't OP despite what many QQ threads will say. Diana, since release, has teetered on the edge of OP and strong yet balanced.

It's also used by people when the champion has such a low skill cap that even if you're bad you can still do good: Katarina, Jax, Garen, etc.

Nystindis

01-08-2013

TEEMO shroom Boom are pretty bad not that it had anything to do with this thread but i thought i would say it.

LogicalTautology

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xian217 View Post
Okay. The obvious reasons that people complain over why champions are OP is because in ranked games you can only have one of said OP champion. This causes balance issues.

However, you were more trying to make a general statement about how no champs are OP, which is incorrect. There have been multiple instances where a champion has been too strong, but they aren't that prevalent. Katarina, for instance, isn't OP despite what many QQ threads will say. Diana, since release, has teetered on the edge of OP and strong yet balanced.

It's also used by people when the champion has such a low skill cap that even if you're bad you can still do good: Katarina, Jax, Garen, etc.
Assume a single champion is actually overpowered. Then Purple should ban said champion always, and Blue should ban said champion with their last ban if they won't be first-picking it.
Assume two champions are actually overpowered. Then Purple should ban one of the two if and only if Blue bans the other one. So either both teams get an overpowered champion, or neither does.
Assume three champions are actually overpowered. Then Blue should ban one of the three, and Purple should ban the third if and only if Blue bans the second. So either both teams get one overpowered champion, or neither does.
etc, etc, etc.