Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Veigar, the Tiny Master of Evil

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asymptote

Recruiter

09-25-2009

Did a few rounds of Veigar last night using brilliance potions and it was awesome.

For items, I couldn't decide if I liked philosopher's stone over chalice of harmony for mana regen. Didn't really notice a huge difference although I did like getting some extra gold while wearing the stone. (esp if your lane partner is Corki...omg..gold stealer). I also had enough mana to spam EH and DM.

I picked up Rod of the Ages as my first expensive wep and then went for the Z-ring. This seemed to be the best combo for me so far. I'll give the other item suggestions a try tonight.

Vukasa

09-30-2009

Guide has been updated for easier viewing thx to Frozt's layout. Also added stats and a few minor tweaks. Enjoy!

SolidMage

12-07-2009

UMm.... The Mejai's SoulStealer has been nerfed should i still get it??? I sometimes get Rylai's Scepter I could just follow up and spam balefull strike... And sometimes they are too slow to escape the range of dark matter in time..

Vukasa

12-07-2009

Sorry the guide is dated in its current form, Ive only recently started playing Veigar again and the Mejai definately is more trouble to make useful than it previously was. Only pick it up if your very confident in your abilities and even then its risky. There are a ton of new items i need to test and a buff to his ult to take into consideration. Hopefully ill be able to get this thing updated soon. I always couple DM and EH together. cast dm where they are then stun them in place. ~200 mana for a heavy nuke and a stun. My Veigar is bursty early on and throughout so i wouldnt take advantage of the slow Rylai's gives. The hp and ap seems sound tho, just i can get them in other items that work around my play style.

P.S. Altho i love how Deathfire builds up, i havent been able to see the advantage of gettn it on Vivi. He has so many nukes that it gets in the way of comboing most of the time ive tried it. Basic combo (DM and EH target. while they are stunned choose either ult if it will finish or test with Baleful, then follow by the other.) Ive used deathfire during the stun before DM connected but i could only land 1 of my other two spells before the enemy broke away so i felt it was unnessary on single targets. Perhaps it could be better spent by casting it on a different champ after a combo while DM is on cooldown but once again, i havent gotten to test it.

Ryouken

12-14-2009

I can't fit in the required items.

Slot 1: Chalice of Harmony

Slot 2: Blasting Wand

Slot 3: Mejai's Soulstealer

Slot 4: Sorcerer's Boots

Slot 5: Soul Shroud

Slot 6: Sage's Ring

I can't get the last Blasting Wand for Zhonya's Ring. So, its impossible to put in all the items.

Shizz

Recruiter

12-14-2009

Quote:
Ryouken:

I can't get the last Blasting Wand for Zhonya's Ring. So, its impossible to put in all the items.

When you have enough gold, you can just buy the entire item.

hwke

12-31-2009

Quote:
Ryouken:

lol

belven

01-19-2010

Hi I like your guide but I’ve never liked using Mejai's Soulstealer I can never seem to kill enough to make it work for me, but anyway.

I find that Baleful Strike is very weak early on and doesn’t deal enough damage unless you’ve got enough ability power. Although just yesterday I just spammed it on minions and at level 6 I already had 45 ability power just from that which works even better if you use dark matter on ranged minions and then one hit them.

Viegar can be so powerful, I just killed someone with Baleful Strike and Primordial Burst I did like 2700 damage. I think he’s the only champion who REALY benefits from ability power because all his abilities just do loads of high damage.

Near the start I tend to keep my enemy at bay by scaring them with dark matter which scares them off as it deals loads of damage, it’s even more fun if you let them attack you in combat and place it next to you as they will have to run.

I will make my own guide and would like to see what you think of it?

Vukasa

01-19-2010

Quote:
belven:
Hi I like your guide but I’ve never liked using Mejai's Soulstealer I can never seem to kill enough to make it work for me, but anyway.

I find that Baleful Strike is very weak early on and doesn’t deal enough damage unless you’ve got enough ability power. Although just yesterday I just spammed it on minions and at level 6 I already had 45 ability power just from that which works even better if you use dark matter on ranged minions and then one hit them.

Viegar can be so powerful, I just killed someone with Baleful Strike and Primordial Burst I did like 2700 damage. I think he’s the only champion who REALY benefits from ability power because all his abilities just do loads of high damage.

Near the start I tend to keep my enemy at bay by scaring them with dark matter which scares them off as it deals loads of damage, it’s even more fun if you let them attack you in combat and place it next to you as they will have to run.

I will make my own guide and would like to see what you think of it?

Thx for the complement, It made me put forth the effort of updating my current items section. =P Maybe ill get around to updating the gameplay section to match soon. Mejai's has always worked for me since i play very safely using long range DM's then clamp enemies down with EH. Yesterday i managed 440ap in 22 mins lol good times.

I completely agree with you about baleful strike being a little lack luster other than for early creeping and revenge punishing lane enemies which is why i stop at lvl 2 and like you take the ranged creeps ez.

np, Ill check your guide out when it releases.

belven

01-19-2010

Thanks!

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=48889