This is the lightest of light and I'm banned? Excuse me?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirska View Post
No... Not following the meta is not an offense, and being beaten or unskilled is also not an offense. Their score was really no worse than Cait's or Panth's.
Not following the meta is not an offence. Deliberately trolling is. Playing AD Anivia jungle isn't an off meta pick, it's a troll pick. The score makes that very evident. This is also not a low ELO game, where a new player might conceivably not know that Anivia is an AP champion, or may want to try something different because they saw it on a screen once. This is an experienced, knowedgeable player of presumably high skill level, who intentionally picks and builds in ways that are directly counterproductive.

Had this been a newbie game, I would not have the same comments about the player - they'd be inexperienced, stupid, noob, something along those lines. Trolling is what we call it when someone does something like that intentionally, knowing full well that it A) won't work, and B) will piss off their teammates who also know that it's a terrible pick/build.

Again, this doesn't justify the OP's responses to that player - it's still always safer to just keep those comments to yourself. But it makes it very clear that the OP isn't toxic, simply understandably upset with this player. He doesn't even rage or blame like most upset players do, and his report "threats" are completely legitimate. Is his conduct still out of line? Yes, but less so then it otherwise might have been.

Mapex

01-07-2013

I guess I'm Hitler then...

Mapex

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug View Post
Not following the meta is not an offence. Deliberately trolling is. Playing AD Anivia jungle isn't an off meta pick, it's a troll pick. The score makes that very evident. This is also not a low ELO game, where a new player might conceivably not know that Anivia is an AP champion, or may want to try something different because they saw it on a screen once. This is an experienced, knowedgeable player of presumably high skill level, who intentionally picks and builds in ways that are directly counterproductive.

Had this been a newbie game, I would not have the same comments about the player - they'd be inexperienced, stupid, noob, something along those lines. Trolling is what we call it when someone does something like that intentionally, knowing full well that it A) won't work, and B) will piss off their teammates who also know that it's a terrible pick/build.

Again, this doesn't justify the OP's responses to that player - it's still always safer to just keep those comments to yourself. But it makes it very clear that the OP isn't toxic, simply understandably upset with this player. He doesn't even rage or blame like most upset players do, and his report "threats" are completely legitimate. Is his conduct still out of line? Yes, but less so then it otherwise might have been.
Can I take you out on a date sometime?

Kirska

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug View Post

Well I respectfully disagree. If you look at the other teammates' chat, there is little indication that they had any problem with it. This is a weird pick, but I don't think it was an intentional troll to piss off teammates. Example:

Quote:
Akali [All] [00:13:30] report anivia please
Malphite [00:13:57] akali im reporting you if anything
Seems fairly obvious to me that the OP is the only person on the team that really had a problem with it. Panth complains, but doesn't rage. If I'm in a game when someone troll picks, I dodge. I find it strange that this game even went through.

Further your idea that one person's negative behavior excuses another person's negative behavior just doesn't make sense. We all get trolled from time to time, either dodge or make the most of it and move on.

Mitey Oosik

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDi View Post
Oh, humor. I understand humor. Did you enjoy getting deported from the league of legends player base for 2 weeks?
Now that was funny.

JamesThuy

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDi View Post
Oh, humor. I understand humor. Did you enjoy getting deported from the league of legends player base for 2 weeks?
and It's posts like this that make me stand corrected in what I said in another thread. Following the same rules on forums as in game, you, sereg, and a few others would be perma banned

Mapex

01-08-2013

Yea it's malarky

Xianio

01-08-2013

When you make xenophobic comments people report and punish.

Is it really that hard to understand? You make this attention seeking post all you want but that's it. That's the hard and fast truth. If you can't stop thinking that you're better than others because of what hospital you were born in then at least stop typing it.

Otherwise you'll continue to get banned. It's fully within your control.