Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[PSA] Do not let anyone know what you have on your account

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trylobyte

01-07-2013

This reminds me of my days long ago in Ultima Online scamming people out of their ingame houses this way, by pretending to trade a house I didn't own (but had access to) and convincing them to trade me their house up front since 'I can't hold two houses on one account.' Of course, since I didn't own the house, I could just keep theirs... And it wasn't unusual for the actual homeowner whose name was listed on the sign to get reported instead of me since 'I owned it' and people thought they were reporting my main account.

A bit surprised you'd actually get banned like that, though. Might be more to this story than meets the eye.

Best Fizz EU

01-07-2013

Bump for justice

Kurogano

01-07-2013

Quote:
BiggerFish:
Wait... What happened?

Someone is fake selling your account and got it banned?

Pretty much.

Quote:
Trylobyte:
This reminds me of my days long ago in Ultima Online scamming people out of their ingame houses this way, by pretending to trade a house I didn't own (but had access to) and convincing them to trade me their house up front since 'I can't hold two houses on one account.' Of course, since I didn't own the house, I could just keep theirs... And it wasn't unusual for the actual homeowner whose name was listed on the sign to get reported instead of me since 'I owned it' and people thought they were reporting my main account.

A bit surprised you'd actually get banned like that, though. Might be more to this story than meets the eye.

Nope this is the story as I know it. I got banned without a warning or reason given. I contacted riot to find out why. They said the account was sold. They didn't give much more information then that. Since I myself am not selling my account (was hoping to go pro in S4). That only means someone else is selling it; or that someone else was jealous of what I have on my account when I posted in that "What skins do you have thread", and told Riot I had sold my account to them. Alas I don't know all the details because all the details were not provided to me.

SpiritHacker

01-07-2013

Bump for justice.

Xyltin

01-07-2013

hard experience, but i had the same problem once, and i got the account back after 2 weeks of communication with the support (the first week was waiting).
Heads up.

SpiritHacker

01-07-2013

Bump

Kaiden

01-07-2013

Bump for great justice

Genow

01-07-2013

bump

O?O

01-08-2013

Quote:
Kurogano:
and do not take any videos of it for others to see.

Recently I was permabanned under the accusation of having sold my account. Now I know for a fact this is false as I'm the only person who has even had access to this account besides the one time I was hacked around the Fiora patch. I'm trying to dispute this claim and get the permaban reversed, but I don't know if I'll succeed. This is just a warning to all of you. If you have a good account and anyone acquires a good chunk of information on the account (Runes, champions, skins, elo, etc..) They can attempt to sell it to scam money, and you will pay the price not them.

Riot will not care and just hit you with the ban hammer, and unless you are strong enough to lift it up you will be crushed.... I hope I am.

Good day GD. May this never happen to you.

Well, you posted your whole list here.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2947658&highlight=kurogano&page=2

Kurogano

01-08-2013

bump