[PSA] Do not let anyone know what you have on your account

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiamondHost

01-07-2013

hopefully everything becomes chill bro, sad to hear something like that happened

PRIME LTD

01-07-2013

streamers must be in trouble ohh **** son!

FrozenXylaphone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawsuom View Post
Because they can claim they have access to it but they actually don't. They have enough information to persuade the customer.

o_O?
Or they could just make that up then?

Kurogano

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenXylaphone View Post
How can they sell your account to scam money when they don't have access to it?
They convince the person buying to give them the money first.

netkitten

01-07-2013

you know, when somebody tries to restore his stolen acc, riot asks what credit card you used to pay for the stuff, so i think you revealed to somebody more than just what champs you had

Kurogano

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by netkitten View Post
you know, when somebody tries to restore his stolen acc, riot asks what credit card you used to pay for the stuff, so i think you revealed to somebody more than just what champs you had
The account was never attempted to be recovered. As if it were it would have been sent to the original email of the account after providing sufficient information that you are the original owner.

Also they ask for Transaction ID not credit card, and you only need know what champs/skins/runes/other attractive info to attempt to sell an account.

Aeolian Melodies

01-07-2013

Really, people these days... bumping for Riot's attention, I hope they lift that ban.

Quote:
Originally Posted by netkitten View Post
I don't think that's the issue here, he got banned because someone tried to sell his account. That person has no access to OP's account, it's a scam. Worse case scenario the potential buyer isn't dumb enough to pay before they get the account and the "seller" gets nothing, best case scenario they find someone naive who pays and never gets the info (since the so-called seller never had the info in the first place). Meanwhile, if Riot sees that happening they'll ban you because they'll believe it's you who's trying to sell your account, which you cannot do, because you don't own it, Riot Games does.

FrozenXylaphone

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurogano View Post
The account was never attempted to be recovered. As if it were it would have been sent to the original email of the account after providing sufficient information that you are the original owner.

Also they ask for Transaction ID not credit card, and you only need know what champs/skins/runes/other attractive info to attempt to sell an account.
Why would they even need to know what items your account has if they can convince someone to give them money for something they don't have? They could just say your account has whatever they want. I don't see how hiding information will stop this.

On the other hand, if people realize your account has alot of goodies, that would make it a priority target to hack.

BiggerFish

01-07-2013

Wait... What happened?

Someone is fake selling your account and got it banned?

Brightinly

01-07-2013

Wow that is bs.