Tribunal is just crazy.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zaresin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augratafier View Post
The most severe cases being Permabans.
To quote it exactly "The more severe". Please show me the part where it says permabans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
How automated is the system?
The Tribunal automatically assigns some low-level penalties to players, such as e-mail warnings. More severe cases, however, are reviewed and assigned punishments manually by Player Support.

Xianio

01-08-2013

One could argue that a 2 week ban is pretty severe. Second only to a permaban. Besides, SOOOOO few people ever get to the 2 week/permaban stage that I imagine Riot could handle that workload, even with hundreds of thousands of players in the game.

Zaresin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xianio View Post
One could argue that a 2 week ban is pretty severe. Second only to a permaban. Besides, SOOOOO few people ever get to the 2 week/permaban stage that I imagine Riot could handle that workload, even with hundreds of thousands of players in the game.
One could also argue that any kind of time ban is "Severe".

Uccisore

01-08-2013

If they haven't made an explicit statement, it is probably because they want to leave themselves the option to automate/examine time bans based on workload or other factors.

Zaresin

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uccisore View Post
If they haven't made an explicit statement, it is probably because they want to leave themselves the option to automate/examine time bans based on workload or other factors.
Also they have always been hesitant to let out facts about the tribunal over all. None of us know exactly how the tribunal works and how much of it is automated. We only have to go on with what little pieces they give us and the rest is conjecture. But like I said, one could argue that any kind of time ban would qualify under "More Severe Cases".

Micalas

01-08-2013

Lyte, Pendragon, WookieCookie. It's all you, guys.

INCOMING

SpiritHacker

01-09-2013

Tribunal working as intended.

Let me remind you of a few things you posted very recently...
http://i50.tinypic.com/9joaw8.png
http://i46.tinypic.com/n18mlj.png

For anyone who's curious, both screenshots are from one of the 2k skin trading threads. Berri found it necessary to periodically visit the thread and harass the op of that thread.

Berri, in my opinion you display a great deal of arrogance and nastiness. Both of these have been apparent throughout this thread. Jungle MF probably isn't what got you into the Tribunal in the first place, it's nasty comments like the ones I screenshotted. And once you're in... innocent or not, the instapunishers and Tribunal bots frequently drop the banhammer anyway. And then the system gets less and less lenient, by design.

Frankly you're not even innocent here. Game 1, you instalocked, refused to communicate, and generally pissed off your team deliberately. Your kda is also sucky, which may or may not be intentional feed. Game 2, you were just plain arrogant and unpleasant. 0/10 would punish, even if I had never seen your... colorful commentary towards people you disagree with.

I'd suggest using your two-week vacation to find more respect for your fellow summoners, especially since I believe a perma is the next step in the justice system.

AS HirokageY

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear666 View Post
you did not communicate.

No one want's to communicate with trolls that will report you, GG. Anymore dumb comments?

Berri Bunny

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritHacker View Post
Frankly you're not even innocent here. Game 1, you instalocked, refused to communicate, and generally pissed off your team deliberately. Your kda is also sucky, which may or may not be intentional feed. Game 2, you were just plain arrogant and unpleasant. 0/10 would punish, even if I had never seen your... colorful commentary towards people you disagree with.
You have no idea if any of this is true, because the tribunal doesn't provide adequate information, you are coming to your own awful conclusions.

Also, you digging up forum posts shows you have no understanding of how the system should work. Way to go.

gnfnrf

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson62 View Post
60% is the lowest ive ever seen the number. people have spammed punish as tests, and it is always between 70-80%. And no i dont honestly trust lyte. since he contradicts his own system whenever he needs to come into a thread and he will use information we did not have to determine that riot will do nothing. If he is going to step in he should use the same information we were given in the tribunal to make a decision. Riot downright refuses to admit there are ANY flaws in their system, and always strive to make it look better than it is.
The punish rate was 60% before the big update (w/ Justice Review). The Riot tweaked the algorithm so fewer cases were made, but more were punished. It's now around 75-80%.

As for Riot using different information than players, that's their right. If there were no Tribunal, all cases would be judged on that information. It's still relevant to judging Tribunal performance, but its hard to differentiate between an accidentally correct punish and a very clever Tribunal.

Quote:
according to lyte just being in the tribunal is bannable since it takes so many reports to get there... but if that's true every case should have at least 5 games to judge.
Care to provide a reference for that? You'd think if he thought that, he wouldn't think there was a need for a Tribunal at all. And he's the one guy who could change it.